Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Picnik is Fun

Do you use picnik?

Well, I do. I love it. It's perfect for editing your photos, adding text, frames, collages, etc...


I noticed last week when I was there, they have a whole section dedicated to Halloween-ish edits. I typically am not into that sort of thing. But I thought, what the heck, I will just see what I can do. And in the process, I completely grossed myself out.


On one hand, I am utterly offended that I editted a picture of my dear sweet Olivia in such a manner. But on the other hand, it's pretty stinkin' cool.


I started with this silly little photo. It's hard to take a decent self portrait of myself with either of the girls. This is the result probably 90% of the time - Olivia acting all goofy for a picture, then I figure if you can't beat em, join em! And a side note - I would like to say that I used picnik to add all of the lovely gray/white hairs on my head, but as you can see that is not the case! BAH!



I won't show the little dear this picture, chances are it would freak her out. But here is the end result after I tinkered with it in picnik. I ghoulified our eyes (yuck), zombified both of us (double yuck), added a full moon & lightning, and a ghost for good measure. Oh yea, I also added the lovely stitches on my cheek (I just couldn't bring myself to add a wound to Olivia). HA! Pretty spooky if you ask me. And I feel much more in the mood for Halloween now!



Try it, it's good for a laugh or scream! HA!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

she looks like a zombie!!