Thursday, October 8, 2009

I ♥ Fall


Fall is my absolute favorite time of year! Have I told you that before??? Oh well, even if I have it bares repeating. I. LOVE. FALL. Everything about it: the cooler weather, the leaves changing, the smells, you name it - I love it!

I have never really been much of a decorator, I really never took the time. But this year, I feel compelled to decorate! Maybe it's because Olivia is 5 now & she can help me with projects. Or maybe it is because Olivia is 5 now & can ask me why everyone else decorates for the changing season/Halloween & I don't. Take your pick...

Anywho, remember this little beauty that I made?
I decided that she needed a little something extra. And that my friends was jute & a pretty ribbon. I simply hot-glued some jute (twine) onto my pot & tied a pretty bow. I love it!

This "FAITH - FAMILY - FARMING" sign I have had hung up for a few months now. I bought it at Country Junction & thought this weird-closet-sticking-out wall made the perfect home for it.

I got the "Trick or Treat" sign at Apple & Pork. I love it!

I got the Indian corn also at Apple & Pork. They had bundles tied together in three's of the little ears of corn (and I mean little) for $3.oo a piece. But then there were the bigger/regular sized ears for 50 cents a piece. So I bought 6 of the big ones & tied them up myself.

I think it looks good, don't you?!



I was feeling crafty, so I mod-podged this little "boo" decoration for my mother-in-law. I super-glued the wooden letters from Michaels onto my festive paper. I love how stinkin easy & cheap project was. I plan on making several more for all different seasons/holidays.

I made this trio for myself. I have like ZERO Halloween decorations. I used 2x4 scraps & mod-podged on Halloween-ish paper. Then super-glued on my chipboard letters. Olivia loves it!

I am sure I will come up with some more decorations...just gotta keep looking!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Very creative fall decor...I have been going to do a pumpkin topiary for a while...maybe I'll get around to it this year. What is the Apple & Pork? A store? Sounds fun...I would love to visit. Come say hi.

KimMalk said...

How fun, you found more decor around your place than I would have.