Monday, October 26, 2009

7 Year Itch Anniversary

"Let this be Our destiny.
To begin each new day together,
To share our lives Forever"

You probably don't remember the quote at the top of the post?

(I will give you a hint, it was on our wedding invitations.)


And, I think it is safe to say we have fulfilled our destiny thus far.


Dearest Jarrett,

Because of You...I can't hog the entire bed.
Because of You...I am forced to watch Fox News Channel every single night.
Because of You...I try to fall asleep first so I don't hear you snore very loudly.
Because of You...I know more about trucks & tractors than I ever thought I would.
Because of You...I become a Harvest Widow every fall.
Because of You...I have heard every fart joke known to man.
Because of You...I have to delete my stuff off the DVR because it is filling up with 20+ episodes of The Sopranos.

BUT

Because of You...I have the 2 most gorgeous daughters in the world.
Because of You...I feel safe, secure, & loved.
Because of You...I feel beautiful & happy.
Because of You...I have someone to wake up with every morning.
Because of You...I have someone to laugh with.
Because of You...I have someone to eat at Applebee's with.
Because of You...I have someone to comfort me & tell me everything is going to be ok.
Because of You...I have the life I always dreamed of.

We have been together through thick & thin. I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with you. Raising our children, growing old together, this is my dream come true.

I love watching you with our daughters. I love watching you in the field. I love watching you take much pride in your semi. I just love you, period.

On our first anniversary, we were pregnant with Olivia! And then we made the long trek to buy & drive home your first combine. On our fifth anniversary, Rachel was born! I am sure there will be many many more memorable anniversaries coming our way. And I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.

You have supported me, comforted me, tolerated me, and loved me through some of the best & worst times of my life. Thank you for making me feel special and beautiful everyday. I love you now, forever, and always.

*P to the S - I borrowed the "because of you" idea from the family of shorts blog*

1 comment:

Laura said...

Aww Happy 7 Years you two crazy cats! I love you!!! :)