Sunday, October 11, 2009

I am sick of snot.

Can I get a little rest & relaxation here? Please? I am feeling so darn lazy today & unfortunately, my 2 beautiful children are not sharing in my feeling.

I had the cold from Hell 2 weeks ago & I am finally getting over all of the effects. Today is the first day I can say my throat doesn't hurt. WOOT WOOT for Vitamin C. Sudafed wasn't helping, NyQuil/DayQuil wasn't helping, so I resorted to some good ol' orange juice. Not sure if that did the trick, or if the cold just finally worked its way out of my system. But I finally feel back to 100%.

Over the course of those 2 weeks, I have infected the entire household. Jarrett hacks every morning & night. He complains of a sore throat. Olivia hacks every night, so she gets cough syrup before bed so she can sleep & rest peacefully. She has been complaining of a headache today & yesterday, so she has been getting children's Ibuprofen. Rachel came home from the sitter Friday with her eyes all disgustingly matted. I thought for sure they would be all red on Saturday morning, but they weren't. So I have been giving her Ibuprofen too.

Yesterday we were on our own because Jarrett went to the Illini football homecoming day. Sadly, ILL-INI couldn't pull out a W for homecoming. I think Rachel felt especially crummy yesterday. She fell asleep for what I thought was a late afternoon nap at 4:30 and slept until 6:30 am this morning. Guess that girl needed some sleep. Olivia asked if she could go lay in her bed at 7:30 last night, to which I said "YES!!! THANK GOODNESS I NEVER THOUGHT THIS DAY WOULD COME!!!" "if you are tired & would like to lay down absolutely you can."

Over the course of this past two weeks we have gone through 3 boxes of Kleenex as a family. 3! I keep joking that we should buy stock in Kleenex. I just could not be more sick of snot: my snot, Olivia's snot, Rachel's snot, Jarrett's snot. IT'S DISGUSTING & I AM SICK OF MY FAMILY BEING SICK!

.....................................

In completely unrelated news...I'm exhausted. Well, maybe it isn't completely unrelated.

Jarrett is working today & I am incredibly thankful for work picking up for him. But today would be a great day to just say to Olivia & Rachel, "go see what your Daddy is doing" then I would get to sneak a few minutes to myself to just sit & relax.

But since that is not feasible today, we up & went to my Grandma & Grandpa's. I am glad we did, because a) it's always fun, b) Sarah & her kids were out there, so maybe my 2 would get wore out, c) and this is going to sound bad - that's my disclaimer, but if we are there then I get to sit back & relax a little bit more than if I was home by myself with the 2 little darlings.

We were there for a few hours & are back home. And I can safely say, the kids did not wear each other out. If possible, Olivia is more wound up than she was when we got there. And I really really really just want to sit on the love couch in my sweat pants & watch TV.

But here I sit typing this as Olivia is yelling, "Mom are you going to make that macaroni & cheese? We are hungry." So I guess I need to go & feed my children. And wipe the inevitible snot from Rachel's nose. And wait for bed time...oh what a wonderful hour that will be!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I could not agree more today Bestie! I'm ready for work tomorrow - except I'm not - uggggh!