Saturday, August 29, 2009

I graduated, like, in the 90's

Today is one of those days that I am feeling old.
I figure, you all know me, so this will come of no shock to you.
  • I will be 28 years old in less than 1 month.
  • I will be married for 7 years in less than 2 months.
  • As we all know, my baby just started Kindergarten.
  • And tonight is my 10 year high school reunion.
That's right!

CLASS OF '99, REPRESENT!!!

I am reminded of how old I am getting by a lovely sales girl at the mall. When I was shopping for a cute pair of shoes for the reunion, I made the mistake of casually mentioning what they were for. To which she replied, "Wow, so you, like, graduated in the 90's?". And the tone made it sound like, "WOW! I cannot believe you are here shopping & not home reading your AARP magazine & sorting medicine with your old arthritic hands!"

So, thank you young lady for making me feel my true age. Yes, I graduated, like, in the 90's when you were probably just starting grade school...

Even though we have been out of school for 10 years, my group of friends still knows how to have a good time. I am whole-heartedly looking forward to the reunion. Dinner, dancing, drinking...really who could ask for more?! (Well, maybe not so much drinking because that's a whole lotta Chub Clup points & I don't waste those bad boys!)And I am draggin' the Jar along for the ride too. The girls are having a sleep over at my Mom & Dad's. How exciting! Surely a good time will be had by all.

No comments: