Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Facts of Life


I am in a funk of sorts.
And I loathe that I am continually reminded, in one way shape or form, that being an adult has ups & downs. Generally speaking, I am a happy person. I have a husband, whom I love. I have 2 beautiful little girls, whom I love more than life itself. But some days, I think this whole adult responsibilities thing sucks hard core. And, if I am being completely honest with myself, I have a tendency to have a "Glass Half Empty" mentality.

So, today I feel like complaining...alot. And that is exactly what I am going to do here. So, that is my disclaimer...read on if you want to.


There are several things I want to do, but I can't. There are things that I should do, but I don't. There is not enough time in the day to do all of the things I should be doing. There are projects I want to complete, but I don't have the time or money.

On such lovely days as this, I want to be home with my 2 gorgeous girls. But now my Olivia is in school so I don't feel as guilty for working. Still, my little miss Rachel is shuffled off somewhere every day. Maybe in 4 years I will have no residual working Mommy guilt.

My washing machine crapped out 2 weeks ago. Therefore, today I am wearing my last clean pair of socks. Not good times...

I feel like I am coming down with a cold (thank you 40 degree mornings at the end of August). I didn't sleep worth a crap last night.

I joined Weight Watchers to lose weight, obviously. I lost big the 1st week 3.6 - I'm thinking WOOHOO!!! I lost a little the 2nd week .8 - still a minus so we are good. I lost big again the 3rd week 3.4 - quite a happy camper. And then this past weekend I gained 1 pound. I HATE that there is a little plus sign in my Chub Club Book --- HATE IT! But, what it comes down to is that I cheated the diet. I ate whatever the heck I wanted all week & then I paid for it. I only have myself to blame for that one, but it still stings! And I am not very happy...

There is a warning light on my car about my tire pressure. For the past 3 weeks I have had to put air in one of my tires at least twice a week. I am no automotive genious, but I know that I need new tires. And that really irritates me because it is not coming at a very good time.

Now that I have all of my crabbiness out of my system (for the time being), lets focus on the positive. Keep my eye on the prize, so to say.

I HAVE SO MUCH TO BE THANKFUL FOR!!!


But sometimes, I take it for granted. Well, lets be honest, I am sure lots of people take it for granted. (That is supposed to lessen my guilt, but it doesn't really.)

Since I listed the things that are really ticking me off this week...I will list the things that made me happy this week too (materialistic things towards the end so I don't come off shallow! HAHA!)


Jarrett & I got all dressed up, we went to my 10 year high school reunion!


I got to see my best friend Lindsay at the reunion, I hadn't seen her in years! Here are my BFFs Lindsay & Haley!


I took this picture with Jarrett! It made me smile, well obviously, didn't it make you smile too?! He is such a goofy, loving guy.


This little girl is talking more & more. She said "night night", "diaper", "bottle", "sister", and "crazy" the other night. And she helped me make cookies Monday night.

This big girl is going to be performing at the half time show of the High School football game in the mini-m squad. She still loves school too!


And this one was too cute not to share. She's a goofball!

And on the list of random things that made me smile...

- Jarrett recorded America's Best Dance Crew for me even though he dislikes the show with a passion.

- I got to go shopping at the mall with Olivia alone on Saturday, it was fun to have some one-on-one time with her.

- I finished Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows. And can safely say I am offically a Harry Potter nerd because I loved the entire series!


And there we have it...you take the good you take the bad, you take them both & there you have...the facts of life! Not always fun, but always worth it.

No comments: