Today we are heading to New Jersey.
820 miles - so roughly 13 1/2 hours in the car, with a 5 year old & an almost 2 year old. What was I thinking??? Just kidding! Sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Thank goodness for portable DVD players, little toy laptops, & Leapsters. Those are going to be life savers. I can't help but wonder where all of those things were when I was growing up & taking vacations driving places with my family. I am sure Jarrett would agree.
We will drive about half today & half tomorrow. That means we get to stay in a hotel. Olivia is so excited about that. She is even more excited to get to see her Grammie & cousin Brooke. Everyone there will be excited to finally see Little Miss Rachel in person. Jarrett is excited to get to see all of his family. And to check on the crop he planted when he was back in New Jersey earlier this year.
Me, heck, I am just excited to get away from it all for a few days. You know, pretend like my washing machine STILL isn't out of commission. Or that I don't have a stack of bills to pay. Or that I won't be able to take anymore time off of work until after the 1st of the year. Just forget about all of the funk-inducing things. And to eat some Frank's Pizza!!! Oh my mouth is watering just thinking about it. And maybe shop a little. No sales tax in New Jersey...may get some Christmas shopping done.
Thank goodness for portable DVD players, little toy laptops, & Leapsters. Those are going to be life savers. I can't help but wonder where all of those things were when I was growing up & taking vacations driving places with my family. I am sure Jarrett would agree.
We will drive about half today & half tomorrow. That means we get to stay in a hotel. Olivia is so excited about that. She is even more excited to get to see her Grammie & cousin Brooke. Everyone there will be excited to finally see Little Miss Rachel in person. Jarrett is excited to get to see all of his family. And to check on the crop he planted when he was back in New Jersey earlier this year.
Me, heck, I am just excited to get away from it all for a few days. You know, pretend like my washing machine STILL isn't out of commission. Or that I don't have a stack of bills to pay. Or that I won't be able to take anymore time off of work until after the 1st of the year. Just forget about all of the funk-inducing things. And to eat some Frank's Pizza!!! Oh my mouth is watering just thinking about it. And maybe shop a little. No sales tax in New Jersey...may get some Christmas shopping done.

1 comment:
Be Careful!!! Have a safe and good trip. I'll be thinking of you guys!
Post a Comment