Thursday, September 17, 2009

New Jersey Vacation


We got back to the great state of Illinois on Tuesday afternoon. Two long days in the car on the trip to New Jersey & two long days in the car on the way back home. And we survived!


Both girls did amazingly well on the way there. Olivia was so excited to get to Grammie's house & see her cousins. Rachel, having never been there before, was understandably timid. But it helped a great deal that Jarrett's parents were there too. So Rachel was pretty excited to see her Bopchi & Tata. Honestly, I think she was confused & thought Jarrett's parents had actually moved there.


It was so wonderful to see everyone. Rachel warmed up to everyone within hours it seemed. It was great to see Jarrett's grandmother June with the girls. My children are so incredibly blessed to have great-grandparents that are a part of their lives. That is something that I never had. But my grandparents are so very important to me. And I am so very thankful that they are able to be with the girls as often as they are. Since June is in New Jersey, she doesn't get to see them very often at all. It was only her third time seeing Miss Rachel. I am so glad we went. Olivia loved seeing her cousin Brooke. They had so much fun together, you would never know they have only seen each other maybe 4 times total. They are best friends!

4 generations photo - Olivia, Jarrett, Albert, Rachel, & June


We went for Katie & Rich's wedding. Unfortunately, the weather was not so great. It rained all day Friday & Saturday (the day of the wedding). The reception was outside at the farm under a huge white tent. Constant rain all day Friday & Saturday + a tent on slanted ground = a muddy ground. But it was beautiful anyway. The girls had so much fun dancing all night.


Sunday & Monday were both gorgeous days. It was sunny & bright in the 80's. It was so nice, the girls got to enjoy the in ground pool. We had a picnic dinner Sunday evening. And the girls got to play outside all day.


The car-ride home didn't go as smoothly as the way there. Olivia gets carsick & she didn't enjoy the mountains of Pennsylvania one little bit. The poor dear! And Rachel decided about 4 hours into the trip home that she was done being in her carseat. But we made it home in one piece, and that is what counts.


I thouroughly enjoyed all of the quality family time we had. It isn't very often that we are together all four of us Tottens for five entire days straight. I feel refreshed & ready to face our regular day-to-day lives again. And I declare myself officially funk-free! WOOHOO!


Olivia went back to school yesterday, with very few complaints in the morning. Jarrett is still off work, so he stayed home with Rachel yesterday. I went back to work yesterday. And today we are officially back in our normal routine!

No comments: