Thursday, June 25, 2009

preparing myself...

This is what I am trying to do, prepare myself. For what you ask???
  • I am preparing myself for the quiet that will fill my house for the next 5 days.
  • I am preparing myself for being away from 2 of my favorite people.
  • I am preparing myself to remember what it is like to only have 1 child in my house.
  • I am preparing myself for sleeping alone in my bed for 5 nights.
  • I am preparing myself for separating from the sweet little girl that I have only been away from for a total of approximately 15 nights (give or take a couple) through-out her entire lifetime for 5 consecutive days...

Jarrett & Olivia are going to New Jersey on a little trip. They will be leaving tomorrow morning & returning late Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning. This is going to be interesting to say the least. We threw the idea around (jokingly, I thought) several times. I honestly didn't think Jarrett would take me up on the offer.

Jarrett & his brother Kyle are farming back at their grandparent's house in Ringoes, New Jersey. However, weather has not permitted them to go until this weekend. And Olivia will be along for the ride. I know she is in extremely capable loving hands. She will get to see her much loved cousin, Brooke. And her Grammie who she loves dearly too. No doubt she will come home spoiled & hopefully happy to see me. So this is a good thing...

I am happy because I know she will be extremely happy. And Jarrett's family there will be happy to see her too. This is going to be some much needed "Daddy-Daughter" time. They will love it!




No comments: