Last night, I was trying to keep the girls out of the living room. (There is construction going on there that I will post about later on.) So, I had them outside for a while. We played kick ball, blew bubbles, & they went down the slide countless times. I think I actually tired them out. I guess there really is a first time for everything!
After they got tired of
In the sweetest little baby girl voice, plain as day, clear as a bell, Rachel said "Sponge Bob". I immediately ask her to repeat herself. Which she readily obliged. This time she follows it up with clapping & high-five from Olivia.
I was shocked...I knew she was starting to talk more (obviously, I am her mother). But I was very surprised to hear that come out of her sweet little mouth. Up until now her vocabulary has been limited. It is as follows -
- Mom
- Dad
- Livie
- outside
- bath
- dogs
- no
- bye-bye
- more
So, to actually hear "Sponge Bob" come out of that sweet little mouth...I was so happy. But a little sad at the same time. Is it good or bad that my 19 month old daughter's 10th word is a cartoon character's name? You decide...


No comments:
Post a Comment