I assumed that Olivia was wanting to get another little dog. Little does she know, I have been contemplating the same thing myself. I would love to have a little dog to be inside for the girls to love on & sleep in their room with them. Olivia constantly is saying she is lonely & wishes she had Josie to sleep with her again. But what came out of our conversation was surprising & hysterical.
This is how our conversation went...
Livie - "Mama, I think we should get a new pet for inside."
me - "Oh yea? Are you missing Josie today?"
Livie - "Yes, every day Mama. But I don't want a dog or a cat."
me - (fearing she wanted some little rodent type animal with beady little eyes) "what did you have in mind?"
Livie - "A platypus. I could say 'Greetings Platypus' every morning! Don't you think that would be cool Mama. Platypus would be awesome."
me - "hmmm...I don't think we could have a platypus. Not sure if he would like to be in our house. They like water."
Livie - "We have a bathtub he could live in."
me - "Yes, we have a bathtub, but I don't think a platypus would like to be cooped up in a bathtub all day long. Plus, I don't think a platypus is an animal you can just buy anywhere. I don't know if we could have one at all.
Livie - "Well, it was just an idea Mama. Maybe next year when I am 6?"
me - "I will have to think about it." (why crush a little girls dream of being the proud owner of the only platypus in town)

No comments:
Post a Comment