Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Microwave Season

Last night at dinner time, Olivia said something pretty darn funny. Well, at least I think it was funny. And I thought I would share it...

Jarrett is quite the grill-master, but don't tell him I said that. It would only go to his head & nobody needs that. He was at his grilling height of glory this weekend, cooking for April & Race's wedding reception & for Olivia's birthday party. He thinks he is a pretty big deal.

Last night, he was making a burger for himself, hot dogs for the girls, & a brat for me. And I made a little foil patch of peppers/onions & he readily obliged tossing those on the grill as well. It was so delicious!

Olivia complained though that she didn't like hotdogs cooked on the grill. She prefers "the way Mommy makes it" which, my friends, is zapping them for 25 seconds in the microwave. Hey, I'm no slouch in the kitchen...So, I gladly toss a hotdog in the microwave for her.

We all sit down to our lovely meal of our grilled/microwaved items & tater tots (Like I said, I am no slouch in the kitchen). After my first bite of brat-pepper-oniony goodness I declared, that I LOVE GRILLING SEASON! I wish it was all year long. To which Olivia replied "I love microwave season!"

My Olivia is one crazy girl!

No comments: