Five years ago today, I fulfilled my dream of being a Mommy.
11:27 pm
me & Jar at a wedding the week before Olivia was born
1 day old - Already loving Olivia more than life!


learning how to crawl 10 months old 5/05


2 years old - bathing beauty at Grandma's
fun in the sun - Point Pleasant, New Jersey 7/06

silly little 2 year old faces!


cookie monster - 11/06

a pretty little pose for Grandma - 3/07

3 years old - flower girl at Jennifer & Travis's wedding
becoming a very proud big sister - 11/07
napping with Daddy - 2/08
4 years old - first day of pre-school!
circus time - 9/08

pre-school graduation - 5/09
My Dearest Olivia,
I cannot believe you are already 5 years old. I can remember every single detail from the day you were born like it was yesterday. I won't bore you with all of the details just yet. One thing I will say, everything else in the world seemed so insignificant the moment I saw your sweet face. You are such a beautiful amazing child. The most precious gift that God could ever give me. I am so very honored to be your mother. And I hope that I show you every day how much you are loved.
It has been amazing to see you grow, change, & learn so much in these 5 short years: the first time you smiled, the first time you said "mama", the first time you told me a funny little joke, the first time you sang a silly made up song, the first time you held your baby sister Rachel, your first day of pre-school. These 5 years were filled with so many firsts for both of us. And this time has been the very best time of my life (so far) & that is all because of you.
Without a doubt, you are the funniest little 5 year old girl I know! Your laugh is contageous & I can't help but smile every single time I see you. I know in my heart this is how it will always be, because I love you more than life itself! You can be so serious at moments, but so funny & silly the next. Such is the joy of being a girl.
I hope you know how amazingly-wonderfully happy you have made me. I have become a kinder, more patient, & better person because of you. And I thank you & love you so very much! You never cease to melt my heart when you say "I love you to the moon & back" every night. I can be having the worst day, then seeing you smile, run up & give me a hug makes all of my troubles disappear. Your Dad & I are so incredibly blessed to have you in our lives. We thank God that He chose us to be your parents.
Livie, you are the joy of my life! I wish you a very Happy 5th Birthday! And I love you with all of my heart always & forever!
~Mama
1 comment:
this is so so so so sweet and amazing! not gunna lie- brought tears to my eyes bc i already feel the way you described! happy birthday olivia :]
Post a Comment