Olivia has successfully completed her first week of school.
This I am not surprised by, but what I am surprised by is how she doesn't really want to talk about her day. The first day she said "It was fun." When asked if she made friends, "No. I already know Max & Blaise from pre-school." So, it's really surprising to me that my very vocal little girl is tight-lipped about the goings on of her days at school. This prompts me to ask the same question about 5 time an evening, then she gets her little "Natalie Attitude" and lets me know that I already asked her that. I tell her I just want to know about what she did at school today. And then she goes about her normal evening routine. Yesterday, she told me "I didn't get sent to the principal's office today" and she sounded disappointed. I had to explain how that was a good thing. HA!
Mornings are going great. We have a routine & Olivia is waking up to her alarm clock famously. Her one complaint so far "my alarm clock wakes me up too early!" Well, join the club sister, that will not change! And, I must say, Kindergarten must wear Olivia out. She has been going to bed earlier than her set bedtime all week. I am definitely diggin this! I think the initial shock of school being all day has worn off. I think it was Monday she was asking me what she was going to be doing the next day. When I told her she was going to school, she looked at me with huge eyes & said "AGAIN???". I reminded her that we had talked about that each day Mommy goes to work is a school day. And she was cool with that explanation. I figured it would be a HUGE adjustment for her considering pre-school was 3 afternoons a week. But we are 1 week down & there have been no issues.
I think it is safe to say, we have decided against buying hot lunches. On Monday, she left her lunch bag in her locker. I sent her to school on Tuesday with enough money to buy 2 lunch tickets. And she told me she did buy the tickets. But when I asked her if she liked the pizza, she said that she didn't eat a hot lunch & she shared with Nathan. Then yesterday when I asked her if she got her hot lunch Tuesday, she said yes that she did. Upon further discussion with my Mom, she said that Nathan only gave Olivia 2 cookies out of his sack lunch. But also informed me that she doesn't like buying her lunch & I should just send a bologna sandwich or lunchable for her each day. That girl...I just don't know sometimes! HA!
She loves riding the bus. Which is excellent!!! I was worried about her being on there without any little friends. And we live out in the sticks & our house is the first stop on the route. So she is on there from like 7:10 until dropped off at school at 8:00. That's a long time for a 5 year old! But she is pretty easy-going. And I have heard no complaints so far about the bus. We just stand out at the edge of the driveway & chit-chat. I watch her get on the bus & sit in the 2nd seat on the passenger side & she waves to me as they pull away. And, I haven't cried upon seeing this since Monday. Which is progress for this emotional mama! After school she is picked up by either Day Care of her grandparents depending on the day.
Olivia loves going to the new Day Care. She is there with her old pre-school buddies & they have lots of fun things for her to do after school. Rachel is adjusting really well too. And I am proud to report there were no tears yesterday when I dropped her off. They told me yesterday, Rachel loves to dance & play around while they have the kids music going. And she has a best friend there whom she plays with all the time.
So far, so good!!! I am so happy everything is going well, absolutely 100% relieved!

No comments:
Post a Comment