Last Wednesday, I took a PV day & the girls & I enjoyed a wonderful day!
First we had Olivia's kindergarten physical (insert 1 sobbing mother here - just thinking about sending her to all day kindergarten makes me get a little emotional). The Dr gave her a good report, she is a healthy, happy, smart little girl! And I love her so much & I am so happy that she is excited about going to kindergarten. She makes us so proud! Olivia got all of her required shots at last years visit so this year was shot free! Always an added bonus!
After the Dr's visit we made a brief stop at my work. Like any proud Mama, I was anxious to show off my two beautiful girls to anyone & just get confirmation of how gorgeous I already know they are! hahaha!
Then went to Miller Park Zoo. This is becoming a tradition, we did the same thing last year after her 4 year old check-up. Rachel enjoyed the big zoo so much in May when we went, so I knew it would be a big hit with her. What struck me as odd is that her favorite animal was the tarranchula in the zoo lab. She just could not get enough of looking through the glass at the huge hairy spider. YUCK! I managed to get some pretty good pictures.
me to Olivia: "you are 5 you don't need the stroller"
Olivia: "But I have to walk all the time now"
repeat 3 times
So I gave in & let her ride in the back of the double stroller.
And she only rode for like the first 10 minutes....UGH!
Olivia on the carousel - Rachel FUH-REAKED out!!! So she stayed on the sideline with me.
my girls checking out the wallaby
"Look Rachey, that is a baby Roo just like you."
Who calls her Baby Roo? Not I. But it was cute anyways.

Um, Mom make this goat stop looking at me.
After the zoo we went to my Grandma & Grandpa's for a visit. My cousin Christi, her husband Paul, & their two girls Alex & Megan were visiting from Washington state. She is my cousin on my Mom's side, but made an afternoon trip out to visit my Grandma & Grandpa on my Dad's side. We are a tight-knit family like that :) More to come on the Rainey family cookout in a later post. The kids had a great time. I, being the brave soul that I am, took all 7 kids that were there on a golf cart cruise. I even let them each take turns steering. Let me tell ya, unless they improve drastically, you all may want to retire from the road in about 11 years! hahaha!
Then we headed to Lincoln to my slow-pitch softball game. The girls & I were over an hour early for the game so we took advantage of the huge playground they have. It was a blast...playing on the play ground that is. We lost both of our games & were officially eliminated from the tournament. (I know, Sturgeon's Woodworking 2008 Champions were eliminated. I am still in shock. haha!)
Rachel, what lesson did you learn about climbing up the ladder to the big slide???
(if she could talk) That Mama makes you go down the slide if you climb up. Even if I scream bloody murder & try to claw myself out of the tube.
Hey, it was for her own good. Me & coordination on ladders, ain't such a good combo. So it was safer for her to slide down to Olivia's waiting arms than it was for me to try to scale back down the ladder holding her. Trust me!
The ever fearless Olivia! She did this like a hundred times.


No comments:
Post a Comment