Mommy & Baby Survey - I was tagged by Jessica. And since I cannot resist a good game of tag, I accepted the challenge!
[[AbouT Mommy & Pregnancy]]
Mommy's Full Name: Natalie Ann Totten
AGe WhEn PReGNaNt: 22 with Olivia & 25-26 with Rachel
CuRReNt AGe: 27
HOw FaR & lOnG wERe yOu wHeN yOu FoUnd OuT?:
5 week w/ Olivia & about 8 weeks w/ Rachel
STiLL wiTh ThE FaTheR?: Of course- always always :]
WhAT waS yOuR FiRsT ReaCtiOn wHeN yOu FoUnd OuT yOu wErE PreGnaNt?: Very excited & a little surprised that it happened so fast both times!
HOw DiD tHe FaTheR ReaCt??: Happy, but shocked just the same! ha!
HOw DiD YOuR PaReNtS TaKe ThE NEwS?: Both sets of parents were very happy with both girls!
HOw DiD yOu FeeL aBoUt yOuR FiRsT ULTraSOuNd sOuNd?: So happy! I always loved ultrasounds!
WhaT MoNth DiD yOu FiNd OuT ThE seX Of ThE BaBy?: We didn't find out with Olivia so, that would be on her birthday June 14, 2004. With Rachel we did find out & that was June 18, 2007.
WeRe yOu HaPPy aBOuT ThE seX OF The BaBy??: Yes! I would have been happy either way!
WHaT weRe yOuR CraViNgs?: with Olivia it was always steak fries from Mavericks! YUMMMMM! With Rachel, I know this is weird, ice & cigarette smoke! ha! I loved the smell of cigarette smoke!
DiD yOu ExCeRSiCe wHeN yOu wERe PreGnaNt??: With Olivia, I did somewhat, but was told not to by around January. With Rachel, I would I got alot of exercise since I was taking care of a 3 year old!
HOw MuCh WeiGht DiD yOu GaiN??: With Olivia 19 pounds. With Rachel 35 pounds.
DiD yOu GeT MoRniNg SiCkNeSs?: I was nauseous all of the time for the first few months with both girls. Only got sick a few times with Olivia. Got sick alot with Rachel.
DiD yOu eNjOy weaRiNg maTeRniTy CLoTheS??: I didn't mind it too much. As long as they weren't really old school (I had a lot of hand-me-downs)
WhaT BoOks DiD yOu ReaD wHeN yOu weRe PreGnaNt??: What to Expect when you are Expecting and Breast Feeding Books
DiD yOu aTTeNd aNy PReGNaNcy CLaSSes, LiKe LaMaze?: With Olivia, yes. With Rachel, no
OveRaLL...DeSCriBe yOuR PreGNaNcy.: I loved being pregnant, but it was hard work. I was tired ALL OF THE TIME with both girls. With Olivia, I had really high blood pressure & was on bedrest the last month. With Rachel, I felt pretty good no complications.
[[aBouT The DeLiVeRy]]
HOw DiD yOu KnOw yOu weRe iN LaBoR?: With Olivia, I was induced because of my high blood pressure. With Rachel, my water broke at home.
DiD yOuR waTeR BreAk??: With Olivia, the Dr had to break my water. With Rachel, it broke at home when I was sitting on the couch eating oreos! ha! I really thought I had peed my pants, but turns out I didn't!
WhaT weRe yOuR CoNtraCtiOns LiKe??: The most painful thing in all of the world! But very worth it! With Olivia, the pitocin sucked my rear-end & made the contractions HORRIBLE! They weren't timing right & I didn't dilate until I got my epidural. With Rachel, they were still very painful, but not nearly as bad as with Olivia.
HoW LoNg weRe yOu iN laBoR fOr??:
With Olivia, admitted to the hospital Sunday night at 7:00 pm. Pitocin started Monday morning at 6:00 am, but I was already having sporadic contractions. And she was born at 11:27 pm. That was a long time!!! 17:30 approximately.
With Rachel, water broke at 6:00 pm, she was born at 5:48 am. So just under 11 hours.
EPiDuRaL???: Yes both times. With Olivia, it was my goal to not have an epidural. I wanted to do it all natural. But that didn't work out since I was not dilating. There was talk of a c-section & I didn't want that. So, I got my epidural around 6:00 pm. With Rachel, I went with an open mind. I had my epidural at around 2:30 am.
WhO waS iN ThE DeLiVeRy RoOm wiTh yOu??: My loving husband (whom I had to wake up when I was ready to push with Rachel. hahaha)
WaS iT aN EaSy DeLiVeRy??: Yes, only pushed like 5 times or so with both girls. But with Olivia, the cord was wrapped around her neck like 3 times. So the Dr was yelling at the nurses & me. He had to cut the cord from her neck. She didn't cry at all until they gave her oxygen. A very scary moment!!! With Rachel there wasn't a single issue.
DiD yOu CrY DuRiNg LaBoR??: With Olivia, yes! I thought was going to split in two. I am sure a lot of women feel that way. But right after they each were born I definitely was a sobbing mess.
[[aBoUt ThE BaBy]]
BaBYs FuLL NaMe: Olivia Grace Totten
BiRTh DaTe: Monday, June 14, 2004 (on my Grandma's birthday)
TiMe BoRn: 11:27 PM
GeNdeR: Female
LeNgTh: 19.5 inches
weiGht: 7 lbs 1 oz
WhaT waS ThE FiRsT ThiNg yOu SaiD tO yOuR BaBy?: Hi baby, I am your Mommy & I love you very much!
wHo ViSiTeD yOu aNd ThE BaBy aT The HoSpiTaL?: The whole family
wiLL yOu BreAsTFeeD?: I did for 3 months
wHaT waS The FiRsT NiGht BeiNg a PaReNt LiKe?: Wonderful! But exhausting because she was born so late. I had to get showered/changed in the middle of the night. But I got to rest much more the next day.
DiD yOu GeT sLeeP?: Some, but not much.
wHeN DiD yOu Go HoMe?: Wednesday, June 16
TiMe BoRn: 11:27 PM
GeNdeR: Female
LeNgTh: 19.5 inches
weiGht: 7 lbs 1 oz
WhaT waS ThE FiRsT ThiNg yOu SaiD tO yOuR BaBy?: Hi baby, I am your Mommy & I love you very much!
wHo ViSiTeD yOu aNd ThE BaBy aT The HoSpiTaL?: The whole family
wiLL yOu BreAsTFeeD?: I did for 3 months
wHaT waS The FiRsT NiGht BeiNg a PaReNt LiKe?: Wonderful! But exhausting because she was born so late. I had to get showered/changed in the middle of the night. But I got to rest much more the next day.
DiD yOu GeT sLeeP?: Some, but not much.
wHeN DiD yOu Go HoMe?: Wednesday, June 16
[[aBoUt ThE BaBy]]
BaBYs FuLL NaMe: Rachel Claire Totten
BiRTh DaTe: Friday, October 26, 2007 (on our 5th wedding anniversary)
TiMe BoRn: 5:48 am
GeNdeR: Female
LeNgTh: 19.5 inches
weiGht: 6 lbs 15 oz
WhaT waS ThE FiRsT ThiNg yOu SaiD tO yOuR BaBy?: Hello little Rachel! We love you so much!
wHo ViSiTeD yOu aNd ThE BaBy aT The HoSpiTaL?: The whole family! Olivia, my parents, Jarrett's parents (who brought me food - honey nut cheerios & watermelon to be exact), my sister & her family, my aunts, my cousins, & my BFF Laura
wiLL yOu BreAsTFeeD?: I did for about a month - she wasn't gaining weight & it seemed like all I did was nurse. I decided that I might need some sleep, so we switched to formula.
wHaT waS The FiRsT NiGht BeiNg a PaReNt LiKe?: Wonderful! But Rachel wanted to nurse all the time. The nurses just kept bringing her to me so I didn't get a whole lot of sleep.
DiD yOu GeT sLeeP?: Somewhat, not much at all. Got on a much better sleep schedule once we switched for formula at 1 month old! :)
wHeN DiD yOu Go HoMe?: Sunday, October 28
[[PReSeNt TiMe]]
HOw OLd iS yOuR BaBy NoW?: Olivia is 5 yrs old. Rachel is 21 months old
STiLL wiTh The FaTheR??: Of course I will always! I always say "we are contractually obligated" hahah!
WhO DOeS YouR BaBy LoOk LiKe NoW??: I think they both look like me. Olivia has some of Jarrett's features though.
BeeN BaPtiZed??: Not yet
OuR BaByS CuRReNt MiLeStOnE AchiEveMeNt??: Well, Olivia is starting Kindergarten next week. And Rachel is starting to talk a lot now.
WhaTs yOuR BaBy'S FavOriTe ThiNg To Do??: Olivia loves to watch iCarly & pretend that she has her very own web show. And Rachel likes to follow Olivia around copying what she does.
yOuR BaByS FaVe ToY?: Olivia loves her Leapster. Rachel loves any & all baby dolls.
WhAt iS iT LiKe BeiNg a PaReNt?: I love being a parent! I was born to be a mom! It is stressful, but the rewards (kisses, hugs, "I love you's") are all worth it. And they make me smile every single day!
ReaDy FoR aNoTheR OnE?: Umm....NO. I think we are done, well at least that is what I say today. I am a little bi-polar about it. But today the answer is no.
Now I tag my sister Sarah.

No comments:
Post a Comment