To Olivia & Rachel, on this my 5th official Mother's Day as a Mommy, I give you this....
I know the mothers are supposed to get the gifts on Mother's Day, but I have already received my true gifts. You both are the most precious gifts that God could ever give me. For as long as I can remember, I always wanted to be a Mom. And I am, as they say, living the dream. I know sometimes I get stressed out, as I am sure all mothers do. But I have resolved to focus on the pure joy of motherhood.
I love you, Olivia & Rachel. You are both my pride & joy. I love being your Mommy / crazy-woman-who-is-always-there / dance instructor / teacher / chauffeur / diaper-changer / laundry-doer / bath-giver / cook / coach & all of my other titles/roles that go along with the job description of a mother. You girls are my world! And I love every second of being your Mommy. In this moment & all moments, I am so incredibly blessed & happy. I thank God for choosing me to be your Mommy!
In my eyes, there is nothing more special than the bond shared between a mother & daughter. And I am doubly blessed because I have two lovely daughters to experience that with. I love you both so much, I feel as though my heart could just burst. I can't even remember what my life was like before I became a mother. And that is just fine with me. My life is so much better, full, & blessed because of both of you.
I tried & tried & tried to write a poem for my daughters that would do justice to the immense amount of love & pride I have for them. But I found myself at a loss for words (I know big shocker for me - I am rarely without words). It truly is hard to find the words for me to describe how much I love them. So, through the magic of google, I found this wonderful poem. I really couldn't have said it any better than this. It is EXACTLY what I want to say.

LOVE FOR MY DAUGHTERS
by: Debra Cash
My beautiful daughters, I was blessed with two of you...
You will never know how proud I am of all the things you do.
You came into my world, so tiny and so small...
And I was in awe at the wonder of it all.
Then you placed your little hand in mine...
There was no denying, my heart was yours 'til the end of time.
I have watched you both through out the years, laugh, cry and grow...
And it is difficult to know, that someday I will have to let you go.
I just can't imagine, a day of my life without you...
Because you're a part of me and my love for you is true.
So just remember, no matter how old you are or where you may be...
There's someone who needs you and loves you and that someone is me!
Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mommy's in the world!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment