Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Aside from Jarrett's illness, Memorial Day weekend was AWESOME!!! It is always so much fun & this year was definitely no exception. For as long as I can remember, we have always spent the holiday weekend at my Grandma & Grandpa's camping out in tents. Well, the majority of the family camps...we haven't since Jarrett & I were married. He ain't the camping kind, & he certainly was in no shape for camping this weekend. Olivia & I did manage to camp out 1 night, but journeyed home the other nights seeking the comfort of our beds & escaping the extreme dampness of the tent. Plus, I am told there were cyotes howling away into the night. I sleep like a log, so I didn't actually hear any of it. I would have most certainly been freaked out had I heard them. On Sunday, there was an unwanted visitor who appeared. A 5 ft long bull snake that snuck up by the tents. My cousin Amber nearly stepped right on it. He was a tricky little thing to catch. And he didn't want to leave his nice hiding place under Aunt Debbie's camper.
It was a wonderful weekend full of fun, food, croquet, & ragball. I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!

I took an insane amount just a few pictures. Here are some select ones...

Grandma's Bulletin Board

Aunt Debbie's Snow Cone Shop

Me & My Dad

ragball fun

Ten Mile Creek

me & my sister

Nathan's Birthday Party - pirate pinata

Nathan, Olivia, Cassidy, & Travis (aka - CRAZY KIDS)


Olivia sporting a swollen eye courtesy of a mosquito bite

Rachel & Miley the cat

Grandpa & the huge snake - this shall be referred to as the "Great Snake Incident of 2009"

Brad & Sarah

Jarrett & Rachel

No comments: