I am so unbelievably happy that Friday has finally arrived. Seriously, this week was quite possibly the loooooooongest week of my life ever. I think it is the dreary, damp, foggy, non-sunshiney weather we have had all week. It's absolutely miserable outside. I worry that I may have forgotten what the sun looks like. Everything is wet. I hate that. It has been somewhat foggy all day every day for over a week now. But hey, at least the temperature has gone up enough to start melting some of the snow & ice that accumulated in the recent weeks.
Lets talk for a minute about how weather effects people's moods, shall we. I found this little gem of information on wikipedia.
* Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), also known as winter depression or winter blues, is a mood disorder in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year experience depressive symptoms in the winter or, less frequently, in the summer, spring or autumn, repeatedly, year after year. *
Do we think this is the real deal? I am pretty sure that the love of my life has been suffering from this since we have been married. Every single winter it is the same thing. I think he does have the "winter blues" but his is because he is unable to do some of the things he loves this time of year. There is literally nothing he can do to prep for farming during the winter. I think that really bugs him. He is stuck inside & that really bugs him. He is an outdoor boy. I love him with all of my heart, but he is driving me crazy!!! On the real people, he is unhappy that he cannot be outside fartin around doing all of the things he does all spring summer & fall. Every winter with him drives me farther & farther to brink of insanity.
I have lived in central Illinois my entire life. Jarrett has not, but he has spent over half of his life here. Why do I bring this up, well let me tell you. The man always seems suprised by the weather. Let's face it, it's January in Illinois - the weather is going to suck. It's going to be cold. It's going to snow & get icy. Do we really need to dwell on the fact. Am I fan of said weather? Absolutely not. I would be happy as a clam if the temperature stayed at around 60 - 70 degrees year round. I don't like it too hot, and I don't like it too cold. Does this mean I am going to constantly (pardon my French) piss & moan about winter weather? No... well, definitely not constantly.
Here is our current forecast, courtesy of my favorite meteorologist Greg Trumbold & the lovely staff at WAND TV.
49 tomorrow. 49! I am pretty excited about that. Even though it is going to rain, I will take 45 over 4 or 5 any day of the week! And if we all keep our fingers crossed maybe we will get to see that big yellow thing in the sky some on Tuesday. A girl can hope...Now onto me. I blame Jarrett for passing along some of his "winter blues" to me. I admit that I have been in somewhat of a funk lately. For example, I took down the Christmas decor on New Years Day, and since then my house feels empty & bare. But at the same time, it feels way to small for our family. It is driving me insane. I spend a lot of time thinking about how to improve our house or how to change things around to give us the best use of the space we do have. I see my "winter blues" as a productive thing. I am trying to make the best of what we have. I guess having all of us be shut up in the house all the time makes our little 2 bedroom house a little bit claustrophobic for me. But I am making the best of it. I am rearranging & sorting & getting rid of things we don't need.
Anybody else feeling the "winter blues"? Or is it just within the confines of the Totten house?
No comments:
Post a Comment