Thursday, January 21, 2010

Somebody call A&E...

...because I think I need an Intervention!


I cannot stop watching or reading anything about Jersey Shore.

What is wrong with me??? I am not some little teeny-bopper any more. I am a 28 year old woman who has been married for over 7 years & a mother of 2 children. I don't enjoy the "club scene". Heck, I have never even been on the "club scene". (Unless of course the Clinton Eagles Club counts. Which I doubt it does.) I didn't even know that "creep" could be used as a verb or what it even meant until I started my little addiction to the show. I just can't stop myself.

I catch myself saying things like "GTL Baby, GTL". Which for non-Jersey Shore fans who are not well versed in Guido speak, stands for Gym Tanning Laundry. This is Mike 'The Situation' & Pauly D's daily routine. And I love all of the fist pumping action when they go out to the clubs. It's hilarious!

Part of me cannot believe I am acutally admitting this, but I even feel somewhat of a special connection to these kids because I have actually been to Seaside Heights on the Jersey Shore. (Jarrett & I went there once when we were dating. Of course, we didn't hit the club scene at all. We have never been that exciting!) But I have found myself actually considering a trip to New Jersey with one of my BFF's Erin because she is as equally obsessed with the show as I am.

The season finale is tonight. And immediately following the finale is The Reunion Special. I LOVE THOSE!!! I can't wait for all of the drama to be revisited. I am a little bit sad that it is going to be over. But God bless the people at MTV for running re-run after re-run after re-run of the show.

That is all for now.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a dork!! I only know the show from the Soup like most of those shows. haha Say hi to Snookie for me!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG-I got the Jersey Shore mara over the weekend and am also addicted. We must discuss.

Katie (work)

PS-no, I'm not a stalker!! :oP