Monday, January 25, 2010

Super Duper Bad

Let me set the scene for you, m'kay.

6:45 - Olivia's wake up time
I tell her, nicely, time to get up. Repeat 4 to 5 times. Then enter the ripping away of covers from her fetal positioned body.

After this wake up call, Olivia is usually a pretty good sport. We have had no issues with the whole "not wanting to go to school" routine at all ---- prior to Christmas break. There were a couple of times she was legitimately sick: fevers, vomitting, etc...

Post Christmas Break - our morning routine:

6:45 - Olivia's wake up time
I tell her, nicely, time to get up. Repeat 4 to 5 times. Then enter the ripping away of covers from her fetal positioned body.
Olivia promptly says "My belly hurts super duper bad".

However, it is really hard to tell if a stomach actually hurts if there are no symptoms. Tell me, is this knowledge in-born in children? Does she know that I have no way of verifying the legitimacy of a stomach ache?

I venture to say this is all probably true. Since school started back up January 4th, I have heard this complaint SEVERAL times in the morning each day of the week. Primarily, on Mondays. Now I have been known to have a "case of the Mondays" myself every now & again. So, I can't really blame a girl for trying.

But this is wearing out my patience. I caved twice, & she has stayed home from school. We have sat her down & told her about the importance of her attending school. We have tried the whole, you are going to miss out on fun. Your friends will miss you if you don't go.

Once she is at school, she is fine. I haven't received even 1 phone call from the school saying she is sick. So I think the getting there is the hardest part for her. Anybody out there have any tips for me???


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cassie and Nathan are the same way! It is mostly Cassie with the excuses Nathan just says he is tired and doen't want to go.