Thursday, January 14, 2010

morning fail

"Hey, how did the morning go?"
That is what my husband asks me every morning on my drive to work.
Today, the answer "not so good."


I set my alarm for a 5:30 wake up call, every day. I must have been half asleep when I did this last night because it went off at 6:30. [FAIL]


I am showered, dressed, & ready to start my day by the time I wake Olivia up at 6:45. Thanks to my delayed awakening today, I didn't get out of the shower until close to 6:45. [FAIL]


I keep my calm, and try not to make the mornings stressful for anyone. But today I was a frantic lunatic "Olivia get up, we slept late!" "You cannot miss the bus!" "Get your clothes on!" [FAIL]


Olivia was up & ready in time for the bus. However, the bit of a warm-ish weather melted some of the snow on her path to the bus. But it refroze over night. So she slipped & busted her hind-end on the ice while walking to get on the bus. She cried...a lot. I carried her to the bus & basically had to pry her little hands from around my neck & put her on the first step to the bus. She walked to her seat with her head down. Sat in her seat & waved at me with the most pitiful sad face with tears still streaming down her face.


Yes, so all in all, NOT. A. GOOD. MORNING.


No comments: