Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Carrot-licious

No school yesterday for MLK Day. And I love the day care because they always plan fun activities for school age kids when they are off school. As of Friday last week, there was a flyer that simply said "Field Trip & Activities Planned for Monday, Jan 18th". Nothing too specific, but Olivia was super excited anyway. She always has a blast, they have gone bowling before & always go eat somewhere. So she was pretty stoked about the day.

I had to work late night (til 6:15) so when I got home around 7:00 I was really looking forward to hearing about her day. First of all, I have to say how much fun it is to go home to my 2 girls at night. They had already had dinner; Daddy cooked Happy Meals. And they were so genuinely excited to see me. I could hear the squeals of excitement when I was walking up the porch. I get inside & I was immediately hugged, kissed, & jumped on. I. LOVE. IT. Makes me smile every single day!

This is our conversation last night...

me: What did you guys end up doing today?
Olivia: We went to Grandfather's Pizza. It was soooo yummy!

me: Oh you mean Godfather's Pizza.
Olivia: No it's Grandfather's. I remember because I asked Ernie "who's grandpa works here?"

Jarrett to me: I tried correcting her 3 times too. She says Grandfather's

me: So the pizza was good? What kind did you have?
Olivia: It was so awesome. I got to put carrots on my pizza from the salad bar. I made it carrot-licious.

me: laughing, laughing, laughing. Carrots huh?
Olivia: Carrots are nutritious & pizza makes them spicey. Mama Mia!

SHE. IS. CRAZY.

No comments: