Monday, November 16, 2009

sour grapes & random weekend wrap up

This is pretty random...stick with me m'kay.

It's cold and raining today. And it is supposed to continue on like this until Thursday. Jarrett is just such a joy to be around when the weather is like this, you know being a farmer & all. (I need a sarcasm font.) Honestly, I cannot blame him. He hasn't even touched any of his corn yet. He is, as they say, chompin at the bit.

Saturday, the girls & I went to my Grandma & Grandpa's for breakfast & dominoes. It was such a good time. I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard. My stomach literally hurt for a good hour or two after we left. My family are fierce competitors & not just in sports. Any & all chances where there is any sort of winner declared - you better be on your A game. According to my cousin Danny, my sweet Aunt Debbie & I may not be ready for Saturday mornings yet. I was just sitting back & enjoying all of the bantering back & forth. It was great fun!!!

I single-handedly switched our bedrooms yesterday. That's right...Jarrett & I are now back in the bigger master bedroom. And the girls are in the smaller room. I was worried they wouldn't have enough room, but there is a ton of floor space left. We plan on getting the girls bunk beds, but for now Rachel is camped out on her toddler bed mattress on the floor. I am incredible sore today, my fingers hurt from struggling to remove screws from the furniture I had to dismantle then reassemble. My back hurts from moving our queen size pillow top mattress all by myself. I feel like poo today. (Note to self - do this type of thing on Saturdays, that way you have Sunday to rest & recoup.)

Olivia & Rachel both suffered some minor injuries in our errand running yesterday. Rachel = bloody nose & Olivia = bloody tongue. I feel partially, ok fully, responsible for Rachel's bloody nose. I was tickling her while she was sitting in the shopping cart. She flopped face first into the metal side. Blood shot everywhere, we were both covered. But amazingly, she only cried for like 30 seconds. Olivia was chewing gum & walking - evidently not a good combo for this kid that day. She chomped down on her tongue & it started bleeding, a lot. And according to Olivia, blood tastes terrible. I made her ride home with a paper towel wrapped around her tongue.

I had some grapes to eat for lunch today. They were for the most part delicious, juicy, & sweet. Except for the very last one. And now I have the pleasure of enjoying the lovely taste of sour grapes in my mouth. I chewed some gum, drank some water, and had some pudding. But I can still taste that stupid sour grape.

Lastly, I cannot wait to get home & watch todays Days of Our Lives!!! I think it's gonna be a good one!


1 comment:

Jess said...

did you watch Days????? It was so good and finally happened!!!!!