Let me start by saying how insanely proud I am of her. She is an amazing little girl. Her brain is just soaking everything up. She can read a little now, and is learning all about sounding words out phonetically. There are papers everywhere around my house that have all of the words she knows how to spell. And she writes every one's names that she knows on everything (including her car seat that now reads "Olivia, Rachel, Natalie, Jarrett, Totten, Pup". Some of her favorite things to do are sit & write numbers. Just yesterday, she wrote numbers 1 thru 76 but stopped there because she ran out of space.
It blows my mind! It seems like just yesterday she was my little stinker of a baby or a toddler. Now she is in school 5 days a week all day every day. She is growing up. Olivia still prefers to eat hot lunch everyday. Wednesday she said the lunch was just tatertots & they were very good. Although, I highly doubt the school only fed my daughter tatertots. She sings the songs she learns in school. They have these really cute songs about the colors, each one spelled out. It's pretty stinkin adorable if you ask me. School is still really wearing her out, and she consistently goes to bed on or before her scheduled bedtime. And she is still riding the bus every morning like a champ.
Anyway, here is the low down on how my little Miss Olivia has been doing her 1st quarter of Kindergarten. Jarrett & I walk in, and they say "you must be Olivia's parents, we couldn't be more thrilled with her performance. She is such an exceptionally bright little girl. You can tell everything is just clicking with her. She is a joy to have in class." WOOT WOOT!!! We must be doing something right here with this kid. On her little progress report, there are all E, S+, & S. This is very very good. Even on "controls unnecessary talking" (where I always got N - for needs improvement), Olivia had an S+. She must save all of her nonstop chattering for home. Which is fine by me because I love to hear what she has to say.
I am so impressed by & proud of how well she is doing. I love that little girl with my whole heart. And I am so happy that she loves school as much as she does. I just know we will continue to see her thrive & learn for the rest of her Kindergarten year.
I have to something funny Olivia said the other day. She is very into people's middle names now. There are several members of our family who share middle names, so I was listing them: Brad & Nathan, Albert & Jarrett, my Mom & me. To which Olivia says "You have got to be kiddin me with all of these same middle names." She looked absolutely shocked & it was hysterical.
No comments:
Post a Comment