Boy am I wore out from spending the long weekend getting our house ready for the Christmas season. The tree is up, the stockings are hung, & a few of my hand-made Christmas crafts that I actually have finished are up. I have plenty left to get finished up.
Here are the Christmasy things I have up in the house already. And here are some of my easy/not so easy - time consuming/fast Christmas crafts I have made!
Our Tree - I couldn't resist the urge to buy new ornaments. I bought lime green, red, & silver balls. LOVE THEM! Lots & lots of glitter going on. This is the 2nd year with our fake tree. I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. But it is so stinkin' easy. I love that it is pre-lit. The best part is, I got it for clearance after Christmas 2007 - it was $7.00 at Wal-Mart. I figured if it sucked, I wasn't going to be out much money! But I love it. I certainly do miss the smell of a real tree...

The Girls' Tree - my mother-in-law bought them pink & purple miniature ornaments. I love how it turned out. Olivia was so excited to do all of this on her own.

Stockings - I cross stitched all of our stockings, Rachel's in 2007 & Jarrett's, Olivia's, & mine in 2006. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but aren't they gorgeous? LOVE THEM! I'm not gonna lie - these took FOREVA to do. I literally worked on them from September - November. Every spare minute I had went into stitching these beauties. But I love them, not only for their beauty, but for the message. Each one has a verse on it. I picked each one specifically for the verse. LOVE THEM! I even sewed them together...I know - sometimes I amaze myself :)




The Mantle - I love how it looks this year. I loved that I forgot that I had bought some new stuff after Christmas last year. I must have bought the poinsettia lights then & I was so excited when I found them in the box. I don't know if I am completely finished with this or not. But I think its a good start.

Wreath #1 - this is all dollar store finds! Cheapo $1 wreath, cheapo $1 set of unbreakable ornaments, & cheapo $1 jingle bells. It took me all of 30 minutes to put this bad boy together. And I would say that 15 minutes of that was helping Olivia string the threads thru the jingle bells. (An adorable little shopping companion for the trip to Dollar Tree is completely optional - LOVE THIS GIRL EVEN MORE THAN CRAFTS!)


Wreath #2 - again dollar store finds! WOOT WOOT for the Dollar Tree. I just strung ornaments on an old wire hanger. Didn't take me very long at all - except I am fumble thumbs & dropped the ornaments a few times. That's why I love unbreakable things.

Centerpiece - Not really sure if I am done with this bad boy or not. I bought this old wooden bowl at Country Junction last weekend. I have been looking for one, at a decent price, for a loooong time. (Sometimes I am frugal to a fault.) I filled it with buckeyes I got for free at our trip to the pumpkin patch in October & a red candle from my stash. (Laura questioned my excitement when the lady said I could take all the buckeyes I wanted...now she knows why I was excited.) I jazzed it up by putting it in the middle of a wreath - you guessed it from Dollar Tree. And I put more bells & ornaments on it. I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER! Now if I could only keep my adorable little 2 year old from grabbing the buckeyes & putting them in her mouth.

No comments:
Post a Comment