Thursday, November 5, 2009

It's a Major Award

I couldn't help but quote Ralphie's dad on this one..."It's a MAJOR AWARD!" Only this aint no leg lamp folks, this is my first blog award. I am super stoked.


My "In Real Life" and Bloggy friend Ramee gave me this award. I just love her blog. She is such an eloquent writer, everyday I can't wait to see what she has written. She talks about her family, the chaos & joy of raising almost Irish twin redheads. And she talks about her love of Jesus which always inspires me & makes me want to be a better person. You should all check out her blog Raising Redheads.

Ok, so here are the rules of this blog award:

  • Must thank the person who gave you the award and link to their blog.
  • Share 10 HONEST things about yourself
  • Present this award to 7 others whose blog you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have inspired you.
  • Tell those 7 people they have been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving this award.

    Ten Honest Things About Me:
  1. I love my daughters more than anything in the entire world. Seeing their smiles everyday make my life worth living. And I know that is a little cheesey to say, but I don't care because it is absolutely true.
  2. I am honest to a fault, some may call it blunt or rude. And that's ok, I get it from my Grandma.
  3. I have grown to be completely obsessed with blogging & facebook. It's a complete obsession. I know this because, I check both several times a day. And usually that is the last thing I do before I go to bed every night.
  4. I love to be crafty. But if I am being completely honest, I have several un-finished projects lying around my house because I tend to be a scatterbrain & may have a slight case of ADD. Just a little bit though.
  5. I recently dyed my hair back to brown, & I think it's my natural color. Although, I haven't seen my natural hair color since 1998. HA! But this is probably pretty close.
  6. My heart breaks a little everyone morning when I watch Olivia get onto the bus. I keep wondering when that is going to stop. I know she is safe & needs to go to school; and I go to work everyday. But it breaks a little just the same.
  7. I am unbelievably clumsy. My husband is always telling me I could get hurt walking a straight line. And its true.
  8. I am completely obsessed with reality TV. I cannot get enough! With the exception of The Office & Roseanne, I watch all reality TV. My favorites are: The Biggest Loser, Project Runway, Real World/Road Rules Challenges, King of the Crown, & Say Yes to the Dress.
  9. I have said this before, but warm change absolutely repulses me. I seriously gag & I cannot stand it.
  10. I aspire to be a good cook. But 9 out of 10 times I fail miserably. I have cooked many meals that have never made it to plates but go straight to the garbage. I want to learn to cook & bake, all of that Suzy Home-Maker jazz. I just lack the skill & talent. And I hate that my husband is a better cook than me. It irks me to no end.

The 7 blogs I am giving the Honest Scrap award to are:

  • Laura, my very bestest bestie. I ♥ her. I love her blog about her life & her little boy Keller. You should all show her some love too. I have her to thank for my blogging obsession. Visit her blog And Baby Makes Three...
  • Thrift Decor Chick. I don't know her personally, but I love her blog just the same. She is so talented & inspires me to be so crafty. If you haven't seen her blog, you should check it out Thrifty Decor Chick. I stinkin love all of the cute ideas she comes up with. My husband, not so much, he says my obsession with her blog is costing him money because I want to change my entire house. What does he know anyway...
  • Jess, my new in real life friend who I met by stalking on the blog circuit. I love to read about her little boy Eli, and her new life as a stay at home mama. You should see for yourself, The Zehrs.
  • Blair at The Heir to Blair. Her blog is about her pregnancy & now her life with new baby Harrison. She is hysterically funny because she is a very "call-it-like-it-is" person. Which I love because that is how I am.
  • Ashley & Whitney at Shanty 2 Chic. These girls are unbelievably crafty too. I have "borrowed" several of their little ideas. I love seeing what they come up with in each post. Although, my husband might not be too thrilled with my recent obsession with this blog either, I love it.
  • Rebecca at Older and Wisor. I have totally been stalking this blog for quite some time. She has 5 kids & a love for decorating. I enjoy seeing her ideas as well.
  • Last but not least...my sister Sarah at The Brownies. Her blog is all about her crazy kids (aka - my gorgeous niece, 2 funny nephews, and my new little niece soon to arrive in December). Laura & I sort of guilted her into starting a blog. And I am so happy she did. The Nathan quotes at the end of each post bring a smile to my face every single time. I love my sis & even though she may not pass this award on, I am giving it to her anyway.

    There you have it...that was a lot more time consuming than I thought it was going to be. I plan on visiting each blog & commenting to let you all know you are the big winners of this award too. WOOT WOOT!

Thanks again, Ramee.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can do the 10 things but i don't read 7 ppls blogs haha

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

So sweet! I totally couldn't award anybody since I have more than seven family members that blog. Hurt feelings for sure! (bunch of pansies)

P.S I'm right there with you on #2. Except I prefer to call it "direct." If you don't want to know how I feel, don't ask, cuz I'll tell ya ;)

rameelin said...

You're welcome! Thanks for takin the time to do it too...it was fun, eh??

Jess said...

Thanks so much Natalie- so sweet! I love reading your blog!!!!! How did you make the Tales of the Tottens button?????

Anonymous said...

Congrats on you major award!

Katie

(yes...Katie from work. Now you and Laura know I openly stalk you so it's cool...and now I'll leave comments! :o) )

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

I know it took me eons, but wanted to say thank you!! The warm change thing made me laugh out loud! :)