You have seen these pictures before here, but I wanted to share them with you again. Veterans Point at Weldon Springs is so beautiful & peaceful. I literally get misty-eyed each time I am there.
Kirk is my cousin, my Goob, and one of my very best friends. He is hysterically funny, & just an all around great guy. He entered the Marines when we were still in high school & shipped out for basic training only 1 month after graduation. He served in Operation Iraqi Freedom, and was one of the very first troops over there. I was so unbelievably over joyed when he returned healthy & well in the summer of 2003.
Earle Rainey is my late Grandad. I love him, & losing him was the hardest thing I have ever gone through. I miss him everyday, so I guess I am still going through it. He served in World War II. It makes my heart hurt that my girls will never get to know him.
Richard Sturgeon is my Grandpa. I love him so much. He is so funny, spunky, & full of life. He served in the Korean War. I love that my girls get to see him on a regular basis & they have so much fun with him. And I have been told, the first dirty diaper he ever changed was Olivia's. Which is funny because after 5 children & 11 grandchildren - the first diaper he changed belonged to his third great-grandchild.
Thank, hug, kiss, & love your Veterans today...better yet, everyday.

No comments:
Post a Comment