Saturday, November 14, 2009

add that to the list

Today, I decided maybe we should start a little bit of potty training with Rachel. She has for a few weeks now, basically told us that she needs her diaper changed. Of course, not in so many words. Usually, she grabs your pant leg or hand & pulls you to where the diapers & wipes are situated. A few weeks ago, she actually reached her chubby little hand into her diaper & pulled out a little bit of poop and handed it to my dad. This is what Grandpa's are for, right :) And just this week she told Jarrett's mom that she had pooped. So all signs are pointing toward go!

I have sat her on the potty a few times today. She sits there and looks at me wondering, I am sure, what in the world I am trying to do to her. But she seems to enjoy the attention. I give her praise for doing a good job trying to use the big girl potty. And after she has sat for a while, we all clap our hands & say "good job trying". Little steps...

Just before bath time, I had her sit to try to go. I asked her if she needed to go poopy. She nodded that she did. So here I am trying to explain how to push her poopy out into the big girl potty and in walks Olivia. She tells Rachel, just push it out & made a lovely little scrunched up grunty face. Rachel copied it exactly. This went on for about 10 minutes. Everything Olivia did Rachel imitated & everything Olivia said Rachel nodded like she was really taking it all in. It was hysterically funny. And without a doubt, can be added to list of the funniest things I have seen in my life. Olivia teaching Rachel how to poop - priceless.

P to the S - one teeny little turdlet made it's way into the potty. And Rachel got a piece of Halloween candy!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Awww Rae!! So proud! It's definetly a start!!