Each night Jarrett & I alternate getting some uninterrupted snuggle time with Olivia during her bedtime story. I would say 80% of the time she chooses the same book. And it is appropriately titled "My Bed Time Book of Favorite Nursery Rhymes".
Being Miss Independent, I can no longer read to her. She reads to me, or should I say she has the book pretty much memorized. Either way, she simply must do it herself. And I have learned sometimes its best to not correct her 'versions' of the nursery rhymes. And laughter of any kind embarrasses the poor dear to no end.
So I could hardly control my laughter when she read this tonight:
sing a song its the pits
pocket full of pie
four & plenty backbirds
baked in a pie
(Sing a Song of Six Pence
Pocket full of rye
four & twenty blackbirds
baked in a pie)
No comments:
Post a Comment