Friday, March 6, 2009

Good-Bye Winter - for the time being

I am sure that Mother Nature is simply teasing us with this stretch of 60+ degree temperatures & sunshine. But we took full advantage of it at the Totten house!

Olivia is SO SO SO big on riding bikes! She asked her loving Daddy to ride bikes on the patio with her. Jarrett discovered his bike had a flat tire as did mine. So he rode on Olivia's extra Barbie bike. Picture if you will, my husband - a 6 ft tall 200 lb man - riding a pink Barbie bicycle with pink streamers on the handle bars! Bahahaha! Unfortunately, since I was a not feeling so good yesterday I was not quick enough with my camera to get documented proof. But if I know my husband & daughter like I think I do, it is only a matter of time before this all happens again.


Then we took the girls on a little stroll down our extremely not busy country road. Both of the girls loved the wagon ride. Rachel squealed all the way! And Olivia kept yelling for Daddy to run!


Then Olivia had a little fun on the swingset! And, for those who may wonder, we do not let her swing on it like this. She just thought it was hysterically funny when Jarrett would flip the swing up over the bar. And Jarrett thought it would be funny to sit her up there.


Let me tell you...I didn't feel good at all yesterday. And desperately wanted to go to bed early. And I got my wish. The fresh air & the exercise of riding bikes with Daddy must have wore my girls out because they were both in bed sound asleep by 7:30. What a rare treat!!! And a glimpse of what is to come when the Spring & Summer are here!!!

No comments: