Kirk S. Rainey - my 1st cousin on my Mom's side. I love him dearly & he is my Goob! We both graduated from High School in 1999. He enlisted in the Marine Corp at that time & left for basic training about 2 weeks after graduation. Kirk then went on to be a mechanic in the Marine Corp. Then we all know what happened...9/11. Kirk still being in the Marines at that time, was called to duty in October 2002. And it broke my heart that he was unable to attend & be a part of my wedding. However, Kirk served our great country proudly in Operation Iraqi Freedom. He returned home healthy & well. And is still my hysterically funny & dorky Goob!
Earle E. Rainey - my Grandad (Mom's Dad). I also love him so very dearly & miss him very much. He beat the odds & survived being a premature baby born in 1918. He & my Grandmother were married in 1943 . He served our great country during World War II. (I don't have a lot of information about his service - sorry.) He lived a very long full life, Dad to 4 children & Grandad to 11 grandchildren & Great-Grandad to 5 great-grandchildren (at the time he passed, now there are 7 great-grandchildren). He passed away December 18, 2004. I love him & miss him.

2 comments:
Isn't Grandpa's out there now?? It is on one of the big ones.
I didn't see it...I will have to go again & look.
Post a Comment