Yesterday, we took full advantage of the glorious Spring day & visited Weldon Springs! We even had a lovely picnic dinner - by "eating fresh" as Olivia said...(which means we got Subway to go.) It was loads of fun. The girls had a really fun time playing on the playground. Daddy even got "into the swing of things" - he seemed like he was enjoying it more than Olivia :) The weather was so perfect. And it felt so unbelievably good to be out in the lovely fresh air. I took tons of pictures but they are still on my camera, so that will come probably tomorrow. Including some pictures of Jar demonstrating the proper technique for jumping out of a swing. He will be thrilled to see that published! MWAHAHAHA (read as an evil laugh)!
We finished things up with a very motivated walk around the lake. Its 2 miles & trust me, more physical activity then I have done in quite some time! All part of my "Good-bye Chubby McFat-Pants" program! And let me tell ya, pushing that huge double stroller was quite a workout. The last time I checked, the girls weighed in at 48.7 pounds (Olivia) & 24.6 pounds (Rachel) respectfully. So that is a grand total of 73.3 pounds of kid. Pushing them all around the winding, hilly road really took it out of me. And I admit that I did have to hand over the reigns of the stroller to Jar-O with about a 1/2 mile left. But I felt really good afterwards, all pumped & energized. I think it was the quiet & the fresh air.
I also took some pretty good pictures of Veteran's Point at Weldon Springs. That got me really thinking of & missing my Grandad. I have an email in to my cousin Hillary to see if she can send me some pictures of Grandad. Unfortunately, I didn't get my digital camera until a couple of years after he passed away. I don't own a scanner yet, but I am seriously considering investing in one. Because I have no digital pictures of Olivia before age 3 either.
Ok so now that I am kind of trailing off...I will wrap it up.
No comments:
Post a Comment