Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Motherhood

I got this idea from my friend Ramee's Blog. And looks like she got the idea from yesterday's episode of Oprah. So thank you also to Oprah - whose show I don't watch because I work & wouldn't watch even if I didn't work because I frankly can't stand the woman.

But she had an audience full of mothers yesterday. They were discussing several different things related to motherhood, primarily "Before I was a Mother, Nobody Told Me..." things. I want to join in on the fun!

Before I was a Mother, Nobody Told Me...
  • I would never be able to sleep soundly again & the slightest noise would wake me.
  • my body would NEVER be the same again & I would get stretch marks that DO NOT go away!
  • I wouldn't be able to eat a hot meal again.
  • I would be woke up in the middle of the night by a 4 yr old who got out of bed to come in my room just to ask me to pick up her zebra that fell on her floor right beside the bed she just climbed out of.
  • I would have to be a "grown up" and not laugh at inappropriate things my children say or do.
  • I would have horrible horrible horrible pains the day after having my 2nd child that would hurt even worse then the actual labor! (and I didn't ask the nurse if I could have a 2nd epidural...ok I did, but was told no)
  • I wouldn't even flinch after being puked, peed, or pooped on (things that grossed me out big time before).
  • my kids would be the only thing I talk about or think about.

However, somebody did tell me that I would be able to love a tiny little baby more then anything in the world. And that my child would consume my life! And once I had my 2nd child my heart would grow so much & I would have even more love! --- that person was my Mom!

Now I tag my peeps...Laura, Jessica, & Wendy.

No comments: