Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter 2009 (warning lots of pictures to follow)

Easter was so much fun this year! Olivia & I colored eggs on Saturday. She declared "eggs are pretty stinky" (actually I think it was the vinegar that was stinky, but oh well.) Rachel was up dark & early - I say dark because the sun wasn't even up yet. I kept her contained to our bedroom so she wouldn't be out in the living room going through the baskets the Easter Bunny had left. Olivia woke up around 7:00 or so, & was so incredibly excited that the Easter Bunny had actually made it to our house! Here is what was waiting for the girls...

Baskets full of goodies - including a presents shipped from Grammie in New Jersey!

Here is the result - 2 very happy little girls!
Then it was outside to do our very first Easter Egg Hunt at our house! I tried to get a good picture of them ready to search - here is what I got.
Rachel was screaming, Jarrett was trying to get Jersey (the dog) out of Rachel's face, & Olivia was trying to give Jersey a kiss. So I just took the picture because I choose to pick my battles! ha!



Then Daddy & Livie went to church with Bopchi & Tata. I stayed home with Rachel so she could nap before we were off to lunch at Aunt Debbie's. (Where, might I add I brought chicken & noodles that everyone loved!) After the very delicious lunch of turkey, ham, potatoes, stuffing, macaroni, my noodles, rolls, & a quick dessert of Grandma's homemade butterscotch pie & Aunt Diana's sugar cookies (can you tell I was not following my diet! haha) we all headed outside for the big Easter Egg hunt. My niece & nephews weren't there for the hunt, so it was just the 4 kids. Olivia, Travis, Bryceson, & Rachel searching for - um I would say over 200 eggs.

We wrapped up the day with dinner at Bopchi & Tata's (Jarrett's parents). Sorry no pictures from there, but I was pooped beyond pooped by that time.

All and all - it was an excellent day! And the girls were so happy & exhausted!

No comments: