Wednesday, July 27, 2011

she is well

Olivia's well child/physical went great. She is very healthy. I discussed my concerns with Olivia's tonsils. The Dr agreed, they are "Very large, Wow. Yes, very large" (direct quote). The fact that they touch each other when she opens up & says "aah" and snores when she sleeps is enough for a referral to an ENT. We go the day before school starts. Then it will be decided whether they stay or go. Olivia wasn't too thrilled. She gave me the major stink eye when I asked the Dr if they needed to come out & looked incredibly embarrassed when I admitted that she snored. I'd rather them come out then have to deal with issues down the road with her. Plus I am scared to death of sleep apnea. I explained to her, how much better it is to see a Dr who can help her rather than have sore throats every other day.

In other news, Olivia is officially a mere 1 foot shorter than me. Pretty awesome. The Dr said based on the growth charts & assumptions that she will continue at the current pace she will end up around 5'6" or 5'7". I figured she would blow right by me. I think that is awesome! As you can see from the picture earlier, she is already well to my chest level.

No comments: