Monday, July 11, 2011

right about now...

I'm wish I had been smart enough to re-apply my own sunscreen at the beach yesterday. I don't know why I didn't take care of myself. I re-applied Rachel's sunscreen twice. She is just as fair as me, I was worried she would burn. She did NOT get burnt. I, on the other hand, well - see for yourself.


I'm miserable. It's hot. It's itchy. I had to wear a strapless bra to work. My legs are burnt because I didn't even think to put anything on them to begin with. Hello, Natalie! You sat out on the blanket for a good 45 minutes. Why did you think your pasty pale Irish legs wouldn't get burnt too?! And the worst part...I have nobody to blame but myself. That really ticks me off. If I am this uncomfortable I really wish I had someone to blame. Yelling at myself does me no good. Ha!

Looking for the silver lining in this...maybe once this burn peels off I will have somewhat of a tan. Or maybe just a darker shade of pale.

I do have some cute pictures of the girls from our beach excursion yesterday. I will try to get those uploaded tomorrow.

Now to get home & have Olivia apply my aloe gel. She did this for me last night too. She thought it was fun. I just asked her because her dainty little 7 year old hands aren't as rough & calloused as Jarrett's 30 yr old truck driving man hands. I thought Jarrett was going to scrape my skin right off late last night when he graciously reapplied the goop.

Lesson learned: Sunscreen is my friend. 50 SPF - just like Rachel's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew u were gonna burn next time I will line u up with kids to get sprayed.