Friday, April 13, 2012

Hi Ho Hi Ho to the dentist we all go

Ooooooh 6 month dental check-ups, I loathe you. But, as luck would have it, my kids are so excited to see you. I guess I should be thankful for that. Acting like I wouldn't rather be anywhere in the world (including the lady doctor) is hard to do. But since my kids enjoy the dentist, I really have to get my game face on. But in reality, we all know how I feel about the dentist.

I will call today, Rachel's first official dentist appointment. She pretty much freaked out 6 months ago. All that was accomplished in that appointment was, counting her teeth. And maybe slight hearing loss for the hygienist since Rachel screamed & screamed.

Today was a success. Rachel's teeth look great. No problems at all. She kept saying "I'm being so brave."

Here she is before getting started. By her face, I was wondering if we would have a repeat of the fall.
 
But she was a real trooper! All done!





Olivia also had an appointment today. Everything went great. However, she is less than excited that she is returning Wednesday to have sealants put on her 6 year molars. We also discussed braces, which the Dr confirmed are definitely in her future, but it's too early to start.

(please note, it was crazy hair day at school. I don't normally let her leave the house with only 1 pig tail.)

 

And they both made their way on to the Dental All Stars board!






 
And I have minimum puncture wounds from having my fists clenched ever so tightly. All in all, I would say I have done a fine job of not pushing my fears off on the girls.
 


No comments: