Saturday was Olivia's last bowling day. I am so proud of my girl & how she improved throughout the season. This was a long season - started in September (Labor Day weekend) & ended just this week. It was bowling fun day & she asked her Daddy to bowl with her, not me. This is the 2nd time they have had parents bowl with the kids & each time she asked Jarrett & not me. But that is ok, they need Daddy/Daughter time too.
This is prior to the awards ceremony. She looks a little less than thrilled to have her picture taken, huh.
Olivia's team. Kaitlyn, Olivia, & Mallory - & Dick the owner of the bowling alley.
Olivia with her individual awards. The medal is engraved with her name on the back. Quite frankly, I was surprised it was engraved. And the little bowling pin has her name & high score/series on it. I have a collection of these from my youth bowling league days.
Have I mentioned that the bowling alley was recently sold? Well it was, to a car dealership. It is scheduled for demolition towards the end of this month. The bowling alley is closing permanently on April 14th. I'm a little bummed. What are my Thursday nights going to look like in the fall? ::tear::
Since we know the bowling alley is about to be torn down we decided to blow the joint up in Sturgeon family style. My Mom & Dad organized a family fun night Saturday night. We did dinner at good ol' El Rey & then bowling. There were so many of us -- my immediate family alone is 14 people. And then my Aunts & Uncles, & cousins. There was a total of 38 people. All of which I am related to. Awesome.
Rachel was super pumped. The poor girl has watched soooo many bowling games & has never once participated. With the help of the bumper lanes she did awesome! She did have a Maisy from Uncle Buck moment where her ball didn't quite make it all the way down the lane. Luckily I ran down the side & gave it a shove. I had to do that a few times. Then she got the hang of it.






No comments:
Post a Comment