Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Rachel's Art Show

Rachel's daycare which she affectionately calls "Friends" put on an art show last night. Even though I'm a little under the weather, nothing was going to stop me from going. It was 100 degrees in there, or maybe that was just me.

Rachel was super pumped. She said "We always do Livie things, but this is all Rachel Totten Claire." (oh yeah she always says her name that way. I have corrected her countless times, so now I just go with it.)

She's right, she goes to a lot of Liv's things. So I can understand being excited about her own art show. She was even more excited that both sets of her grandparents came to support her.




They put a blob of paint on the paper & wrapped a piece of tissue paper around a glass then twisted it.



"Free Draw" -- Rachel's elbow is right by hers. It's our house if you can't tell. I'm surprised it wasn't just a page of purple paint since that is her favorite. She told me "Lili had the purples" quite sternly.



Van Gogh has nothing on my little artist. The kids were given the project of making their own "Starry Night" picture. I think she nailed it!



This is a self portrait. I think it's great. She's got her blue eyes. But I think it looks a lot like one of the pacman ghosts.




Here is her penguin. So stinking cute!




And her pink flamingo. She was really excited about this one. Flamingoes are Aunt Sarah's favorite so she wants to show her. So here you go Aunt Sarah.



A chalk drawing. She told me what it is, but I don't remember.



This is a stained glass window. Can we tell purple is her favorite color?!



She did one of these ears of corn. She was super excited to show Daddy this one. She said "It's corn just like your corn Daddy, but don't combine it!"




Rachel, we are so proud of you. Your art show was a great time & we are so glad we went!

She woke up this morning & first thing while she was still in bed asked me "Was my art show awesome, or what? You're still proud of me, right?" Adorable.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: