Yesterday marked 6 months since I was diagnosed with bilateral pulmonary embolism or (emboli - for plural since there were 2 in my left lung & 1 in my right). Whatever it's called, it sucked 110%.
Comparing how I feel now with how I felt that day, I am doing so much better. However, I still don't feel great. I have good days. In fact, I have a lot more good days than bad days now - a vast improvement from where I was 6 months ago. I venture to say, a lot of why I don't feel great yet is because of my old friend, coumadin. That medicine continually makes me feel like crap.
Buuuut, I have good news. Well, maybe not official good news...yet. I am going to have a repeat CT scan tomorrow to check my progress. In the beginning, I was told I would have to be on coumadin for 6 months. 6 months has passed. I could come off. But some people (my doctor, my mother, & my husband) want me to have this CT scan to see where I am. Where are the clots? My prayer is that they are gone. If that is the case, I get to come off coumadin.
Comparing how I feel now with how I felt that day, I am doing so much better. However, I still don't feel great. I have good days. In fact, I have a lot more good days than bad days now - a vast improvement from where I was 6 months ago. I venture to say, a lot of why I don't feel great yet is because of my old friend, coumadin. That medicine continually makes me feel like crap.
Buuuut, I have good news. Well, maybe not official good news...yet. I am going to have a repeat CT scan tomorrow to check my progress. In the beginning, I was told I would have to be on coumadin for 6 months. 6 months has passed. I could come off. But some people (my doctor, my mother, & my husband) want me to have this CT scan to see where I am. Where are the clots? My prayer is that they are gone. If that is the case, I get to come off coumadin.
My Mom asked me what I want for my birthday, my response "to be off blood thinners". You know, because it is good to have goals! Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment