Bottom-line, horrible chest pains I was experiencing are the result of 2 lovely pulminary embolisms (blood clots). 15 vials of blood drawn, 2 chest x-rays, & 1 CT scan proved that. I have a blood clot in each of my lungs.
Why? I would like to know too. Unfortunately, we probably never will know. The did an ultra-sound of each of my legs. No blood clots remain ready to jump free --> good news. Even though we don't really know "how", we do have some "maybe's". #1 I'm a chick (higher risk) #2 I sit all day at work with my foot tucked under my leg (big big no-no friends - both feet on the floor from now on) & #3 I'm on birth control pills. The Dr said "at my age, I'm a greater risk" -- (at my age, damn near 30)
So, here I sit in an uncomfortable hospital chair. I'm waiting for my blood to thin. Could take 2-3 or 5-6 days. Regular blood is a #1 clot factor, they need me to be #2 or #3. I am taking Coumadin - this takes about 2 weeks to be effective. Since I am already having clot issues, we don't have that time on our side. So now I get to have injections directly into my stomach. This thin my blood quicker. This drug in addition to the coumadin will speed it up so my risk for another clot is greatly reduced.
I'm spending my weekend here in the hospital. I'm missing Olivia's program at school today. I'm missing my date with Jar to Indy. I'm scared. I'm sad. I'm full fledged fuh-reaking out. But I'm in the best spot for all of this. They are taking good care of me.
Prayers are requested - my body isn't letting the meds do their job. I'm panicking. I need to relax. If I relax, then the meds will work.
Pray for me to chill out, pretty much that's what I need. Pray for me to stop thinking so much. Pray that I will stop worrying.
Thank you,
~Nat
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
3 comments:
I just commented and it didn't show so we'll try again...sorry if you get 2 :) But I am defiinately praying for you friend!! Just know that God will be by your side and see you through this!! I can't comment on the worrying because I worry about ev-er-y-thing!! But they say that trust in God takes the worry away! Keep your chin up! I know that it sucks but the girls will have many more programs and you and Jar will have many more dates!! You are a very strong woman and you can get through this even stronger!! I'll be praying, praying, praying for you!!!
I heart you friend!
I have been praying for you so so so much!!! Stay strong hun! I will continue to pray for you and I am so happy for you to see you are home now! You have an adorable family and they will take great great care of you!
Post a Comment