- The kitty is adjusting very well. I had no doubt in my mind that Olivia would love Snooki. But I am pleasantly surprised by how much Snooki loves Olivia. It seems that Olivia is her go-to person. She always walks right up to her & walks between her legs, climbs the ladder up to her top bunk, jumps up in any chair that Olivia is sitting in, etc...This makes me very happy. Olivia has a tendency to love on things a little too hard. But Snooki doesn't seem to mind one bit.
- Things at work are insane. We have slowed down some, but tensions are high because things are "up in the air". {side note: I hate the phrase "up in the air". They should just say "we have no idea what is going to happen" because that is what they mean. I guess they think "up in the air" is less negative. Anywho...} I'm stressed out. It's makes me sad that I am so quick to forget all of the good things when 1 part of my life sucks. I have resolved to focus on the good things in my life. I am making a conscious effort to laugh & smile. Not necessarily at work, but in my life. I have plenty of cause to be happy in my life.
- Potty-training & getting rid of the pacifier is my goal with Rachel. Olivia had no pacifier by the time she was 2 1/2 & was fully potty-trained by her 3rd birthday. It is to the point now, with the pacifier, that I think she should be rid of it. So, she only gets it for nap & bedtime. And half the time it ends up falling out of her mouth. I am contemplating cutting the ends off of them to see if that does the trick. Jarrett keeps saying, she will get rid of it when she is ready. I agree, to some extent. I'd like to see her completely potty-trained by the start of May. And without a pacifier by the end of March. Don't hold me to that though...
- I am sick of my house. Correction: I am sick of being stuck inside my house. I blame winter. I have slowly but surely been making small changes/improvements to the house. I have grown tired of looking at all the same stuff inside my house day in & day out. I need a change. I rearranged some things, I ripped out some shelves, I changed out photographs, & I want to do more. I have some definite plans in mind, I am waiting on Jarrett's approval. Well, not really approval. I figure if I keep asking him & asking him & asking him eventually he will give in. (just like he did with the cat - mwahaha)
- Speaking of Jarrett, he is well...Jarrett. He is very high strung. I think he needs a vacation. In fact, he admitted to me just today that he needs a vacation. And admitting it is the first step. Ha! He is such a passionate person that he gets very worked up* at anything & everything that isn't exactly what he would prefer. But that is Jarrett...I knew that 10 years ago. I didn't expect it to change, I'd like to say it is endearing. But I will just say, that is how he is. I do find some enjoyment out of his craziness - he gets flustered & sometimes fumbles words or says phrases that he has made up. That is sometimes amusing.
*Worked Up - should read "annoys-the-ever-loving-heck-out-of-me" with his rants.
There, I feel better...Happy Thursday, tomorrow is Friday. And that, my friends, is today's silver lining.
No comments:
Post a Comment