Monday, March 21, 2011

Long Road

"Avoid any activities that may result in injury" --> This is what the Dr told me & what was written on my discharge papers. If you know me, you understand how much this limits me. Not because I am a thrill-seeker. Oh no, that's not why. But because I am so unbelievably uncoordinated. I am accident-prone.

Then at my Dr's appointment on Friday when he told me to "try to resume your normal activities as much as you can without great discomfort & try not to get injured". Ok, I can do things other than lay on the couch - hooray!

So I unloaded & loaded the dishwasher Saturday morning. I was completely exhausteed afterwards. On.The.Real - it was pathetic. I also folded a load of laundry, again completely exhausted. I was sweating & everything. And the pain, oh the pain, every breath was painful. When your leg hurts, you just don't use that leg --> how do you not breathe? Jarrett decided I should ease into my regular duties. Funny, that's what I thought I was doing.

Saturday was also my first "injury" post blood clots. I was helping Rachel off the bar stool & it fell over & landed on the top of my foot. I lost my shiz - I was crying. Not only because it hurt - very bad, but because I was scared out of my wits. I even called the Dr's office. Come to find out, it really wasn't that big of a deal. I was instructed to "draw a circle around the bruise once it forms, call them back if it gets bigger". The whole top of my foot bruised - there's a big circle.

Oh & I also hit my head on the top bunk of the bunk beds when I tucked Rachel in for her nap. That was awesome sauce. Avoid activities that may cause injury - I should just stay in bed. Ha!

I may have over-did it Saturday, I spent all day Sunday feeling extra miserable. Baby steps, baby steps.

But I truly do feel better. I'm getting stronger each day. I slept in my own bed for the first time in over a week. Granted, I wasn't exactly comfortable. I didn't rest all that well. But my lovely pillow-top mattress is much more comfortable than our recliner. I assume I will continue to feel a little better each day, at least I hope so.

I went back to the Dr today for another blood draw. Again I am hoping for good numbers when the call with my pro-time (I guess that's what it's called). I need at least a 2. It's going to be a long road, but I can do it.

I am feeling much more optimistic these days. I feel very foolish for having been so fearful. I know that everything is in God's hands. But at the same time, I was very scared & worried. Now, I am trying to have more faith. He knows what He is doing. He knows what He has planned for me & my family. Not me, I have to trust in Him. As my good friend Iris said in her card to me, "He has my back".


Thanks again for prayers & well wishes. They were & are greatly appreciated.

No comments: