Today while driving to work, I was complaining talking to Jarrett about how I am the "mean" parent. I am the one waking them from blissful slumber each morning. I am the one telling them to get up & ready. I am the one telling them get going or we are going to be late.
Rachel asks me each morning where she is going for the day, if my answer is daycare, she cries. (This is a wonderful new development since we returned from vacation.) So, 3 days a week she cries from the time I deliver the bad news, until I drop her off & peel her little arms off of my neck & walk calmly away to my car. Now, I am sure that the tears don't last long there. She loves her friends. She loves her teacher. But it still feels like a kick in the gut.
I told Jarrett that he should try to do the mornings sometime. But, as luck would have it, he is up & out of the house by 5:00 am every day while we girls snooze a little, ok a lot, later. He gets to be the fun one. The one picking them up from daycare. He's the one that always lets them get something fun at Wal-Mart, each time they go.
It's not fair. I want to be the fun parent too.
*****
Life off coumadin = wonderful. I almost forgot what NOT having a headache felt like. Not that a dull constant headache for 6 months wasn't totally awesome. Now if I could just kick this lovely sinus infection to the curb, I'd be set.
I deleted my reminder in my phone to take my coumadin & it felt fabulous. I have yet to determine what the best course of action is for me to get rid of my excess coumadin that I have at home. I doubt I can legally sell that shiz on e-bay.
*****
It's Friday! I love Fridays. I love knowing that I won't have to cook dinner tonight because we always pick something up on Friday nights. I love the crisp cooler weather we have been blessed with the last couple of days. I love that I woke up to a 64 degree house - that made my bed feel even that much more cozy. I love letting the girls stay up past their bedtime & having them be so excited when I tell them they are going to be with me tomorrow. I love that Jarrett is happy with his Harvest rolling right along.
Fall is my favorite season & I feel it coming. It feels almost here. I'm excited.
Rachel asks me each morning where she is going for the day, if my answer is daycare, she cries. (This is a wonderful new development since we returned from vacation.) So, 3 days a week she cries from the time I deliver the bad news, until I drop her off & peel her little arms off of my neck & walk calmly away to my car. Now, I am sure that the tears don't last long there. She loves her friends. She loves her teacher. But it still feels like a kick in the gut.
I told Jarrett that he should try to do the mornings sometime. But, as luck would have it, he is up & out of the house by 5:00 am every day while we girls snooze a little, ok a lot, later. He gets to be the fun one. The one picking them up from daycare. He's the one that always lets them get something fun at Wal-Mart, each time they go.
It's not fair. I want to be the fun parent too.
*****
Life off coumadin = wonderful. I almost forgot what NOT having a headache felt like. Not that a dull constant headache for 6 months wasn't totally awesome. Now if I could just kick this lovely sinus infection to the curb, I'd be set.
I deleted my reminder in my phone to take my coumadin & it felt fabulous. I have yet to determine what the best course of action is for me to get rid of my excess coumadin that I have at home. I doubt I can legally sell that shiz on e-bay.
*****
It's Friday! I love Fridays. I love knowing that I won't have to cook dinner tonight because we always pick something up on Friday nights. I love the crisp cooler weather we have been blessed with the last couple of days. I love that I woke up to a 64 degree house - that made my bed feel even that much more cozy. I love letting the girls stay up past their bedtime & having them be so excited when I tell them they are going to be with me tomorrow. I love that Jarrett is happy with his Harvest rolling right along.
Fall is my favorite season & I feel it coming. It feels almost here. I'm excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment