We arrived to our hotel right at check-in time. They have condos not hotel rooms. So we had a 2 bedroom condo for our stay. This is definitely the way I would go if given the chance again. We had 2 bathrooms & a full kitchen. The girls had their own bedroom, which they didn't stay in. They were freaked out by staying in there by themselves - odd since they share a bedroom at our house. But I was ok with it since there was an exterior door in their bedroom too, so it was cool that they decided to sleep on the pull out sofa.
The Scandinavian Lodge is in Sister Bay, Wisconsin. Such a small town (they all are up there) population 900 = small town. I guess they can't all be huge metropolises since the peninsula itself is something like 5 miles wide. Sister Bay is almost to the top of the peninsula & bea.u.ti.ful! And if you ask my Mom & sister I pretty much have been their new unofficial spokesperson "Go to Door County - stay in the Scandinavian Lodge in Sister Bay. You will thank me!" (Eventually people will get sick of me talking about how great my vacay was...)
The Scandinavian Lodge is in Sister Bay, Wisconsin. Such a small town (they all are up there) population 900 = small town. I guess they can't all be huge metropolises since the peninsula itself is something like 5 miles wide. Sister Bay is almost to the top of the peninsula & bea.u.ti.ful! And if you ask my Mom & sister I pretty much have been their new unofficial spokesperson "Go to Door County - stay in the Scandinavian Lodge in Sister Bay. You will thank me!" (Eventually people will get sick of me talking about how great my vacay was...)
On our first full day in Door County we drove around to see what we could find. There are "scenic overlooks" everywhere. This one is at Ellison Bay - which is the town north of where we stayed. The Ellison Bluff overlook is a view of Green Bay. Gorgeous scenery. Even the crazy one lane roads you have to wind around to get back to the overlook has gorgeous scenery.
Jarrett & I pretty much loved every second of our trip. I don't even remember the last time I was so relaxed. Within about 2 seconds of this view I told Jarrett that he could just have my mail forwarded to this bench I was on with the girls. I could have sat there all day long just watching the water.
More to come tomorrow....



No comments:
Post a Comment