- We have been deligently potty-training Miss Rachel. She has been going #1 like a champ for months now. Now, #2 we have struggled with. I declared in July when we got home from Chicago that I was 100% done buying pull-ups & diapers. She was just going to have to learn. She is one bull-headed little girl. She wouldn't budge, I wouldn't budge. I didn't want to threaten punishment if she didn't start using the potty for #2s, but I really got tired of washing poo out of little princess panties. We finally settled on the next time she went in her pants that she would have to stand with it in there for a couple of minutes. One time of her having to do this & bam she has been using the potty ever since! Score one for Mom & Dad.
Anyway, the funny thing about Rachel & doing her #2s in her drawers is - after we laid out her punishment of having to stand in them for a couple of minutes, Jarrett had the following conversation with Rachel. He asked her "Now, Rachel do you understand what will happen?", to which Rachel nodded. So repeat, "what happens if you poop in your pants?" Her response CRACKED ME UP! "My tummy feels better." This is probably true, but not exactly what we were going for. Ha!
- Olivia is working hard for the money this summer. She asked us if she could get an allowance. We explained you don't just get an allowance you have to earn an allowance. Since this explanation, she has been doing little things around the house to earn her allowance. Last week she brushed her teeth & said "That was for my allowance, right?" To which I explained the difference of daily body grooming & chores. Her reply "But I did it without you asking, and that is a miracle." I guess maybe she has heard channel my mother by saying, if you would do this without me asking a hundred time, it would be a miracle.
- Somewhere along these same lines, I asked Olivia to put something away or get it off the table - it took several times asking her before it was done. So I said "Hey Liv, you know what would be awesome?" & she immediately said "if I would do it the first time I'm asked." Ha! Guess she has heard that one a time or two also!
- Olivia goes to the ENT one week from today. Olivia starts 2nd grade one week from tomorrow. I am not looking forward to either of these really. #1, I am anticipating the Dr saying she does, in fact, need to have her tonsils out. I am scared for her. And I am weinie. #2, where the hell did the summer go? Seriously? It flew right by.
- I have a bit of a summer cold. I am quite displeased with that. They linger & linger for a month it seems. I go to get my blood drawn tomorrow morning. I am contemplating asking if they can just give me something to dry me out. I am limited with what I can take OTC because of the coumadin. Yay!
- Silver lining today = IT'S THURSDAY! Only 1 more day of this lovely work week.
Thursday, August 11, 2011
kids = random hilarity
This post is just a mish-mosh of other possible little posts that I decided I would just combine. They didn't really fit anywhere else, some of which were too cute not to document. I promise, keep reading...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment