Sunday, August 28, 2011

she made a liar out of me...

Olivia tells a lof of tall tales. She claims to be allergic to foods when she doesn't like them. She claims to not be able to hear us when we ask her something. She claims Rachel makes all of the messes in their room. And so on & so on.

And most recently, she claimed she needed glasses. She said she was having trouble seeing in school. She said her teacher said to tell me she needed glasses. To which I explained that if that were the case, her teacher wouldn't just ask her to relay the message to me. I would either #1 get a phone call or #2 get a note sent home from her teacher.

Well, Thursday her teacher called me. She said Olivia complained that she wasn't able to see very well when reading in books. I said that she mentioned it to be as well, but that I assumed she wasn't telling the truth. The teacher agreed, said Olivia passed her reading test with flying colors. And she mentioned that when she told Olivia's group that she it was their turn to go for their reading test she said "everyone bring your glasses". To which Olivia said "Mrs. Donaldson, I don't have any glasses." I took that as another sign that this was one of Olivia's tall tales.

But since her teacher made it a point to call me, I made Olivia an eye appointment. Jarrett & I both said to her "you better tell the truth when you are at the eye doctor." We were both like, this is going to be a waste of a Saturday morning...

Well, she made a liar out of me. She DOES in fact need glasses. Primarily for reading up close. She cannot see very close up, and then when she goes to look farther away her eyes are strained & don't focus right away. So she is going to have glasses just for reading. They are going to be prescription on the bottom for up close & then almost no prescription on the top for far away. I'm not sure, but I think they are going to be like 7 year old bifocals. They are going to try to make the lenses without a line, but if there is a line big whoop. They will help her in the long run. And the doctor sounded optimistic that maybe, just maybe, she wears these glasses for a year or so & her eyes will correct themself. Or there is also the possibility that she will always needs glasses for seeing up close. Only time will tell.

Waiting for the doctor...right after her crazy Mom told her "you better not lie".

And this is the part of the vision test that she really struggled with.
That's right, I'm mother of the year.
We picked out some cute little kid frames. They should be in some time this week. And then she can wear them to school & be a happy girl!

No comments: