For only the 2nd time ever, I am going to the big city without either #1 my parents & #2 the hubs. That's sorta pathetic, huh. I never do anything like that. Today I am going to Chi-town with my bestie Haley, good friend Christin, & my sister Sarah. We are going to a little baseball game at this field, you may have heard of it...
Where I will be cheering on my dear old Cubbies. It's a tough job, somebody has to do it. I'm super pumped! But I have a stabbing twinge of guilt that won't seem to leave me alone. It's not so much the going without Jarrett, but it's being away from the girls all day. Olivia asked me "why can't I go to the game with you? I like the Cubs too." ::stabbing guilt::
I resolve to enjoy myself just the same. This will be good for me. I need to unwind. And if sitting in an uncomfortable seat for 3+ hours sweating in the blaring mid-day sun is what it takes to unwind then that's that. haha! It's more like the company of my best girlfriends is what will unwind me. Oh, that and some deepdish Chicago pizza after the game.
Oh & I fully intend on belting out "Take me out to the ballgame", you know ROOT ROOT ROOT FOR THE CUBBIES! IF THEY DON'T WIN IT'S A SHAME!

No comments:
Post a Comment