My Dad did some mechanicking for me Saturday, new brakes & rotors on The Egg. Now she runs like brand new.
I have been on a search for a dress for Jarrett's brother's wedding on July 2nd for over a month now. I have tried on no less than 30 dresses. This isn't an exaggeration, ask Olivia & Rachel. They have grown completely bored with me every time we have gone shopping in the past month.
Olivia was the lucky one to go shopping with me this time. I was a woman on a mission. I felt like Cher on Clueless - "I don't trust mirrors, so I take pictures." In reality, I needed to get more opinions than an almost 7 yr old.
Dress #1 - I was expecting this to be a huge fail. I thought that I needed to wear something more flowy, but I listened to my inner-Stacy & Clinton. It's simple, but super cute. And I think it is a lot more flattering than the flowy ones.

Dress #2 here was Olivia's pick. It's zebra...I never even would have taken it off the rack if she wasn't with me. But, I am glad I did. I really like it.

I pretty much sent pics of myself in each dress to about 8 people. Everyone liked both, but agreed #1 was more flattering. Jarrett says #2 "is a little loud for a wedding".

I couldn't decide, so I bought both. I have now decided #1 for the wedding #2 for fun. Now Jarrett just needs to take me somewhere fun. Or I can wear it to work.
Olivia also got her dress for the wedding. I don't know what is with her face here, but she actually loves the dress. She was probably just tired of shopping with me by this point.


I pretty much sent pics of myself in each dress to about 8 people. Everyone liked both, but agreed #1 was more flattering. Jarrett says #2 "is a little loud for a wedding".

I couldn't decide, so I bought both. I have now decided #1 for the wedding #2 for fun. Now Jarrett just needs to take me somewhere fun. Or I can wear it to work.
Olivia also got her dress for the wedding. I don't know what is with her face here, but she actually loves the dress. She was probably just tired of shopping with me by this point.

Have I mentioned before that Rachel is crazy? Well, she is. She finds things she likes & then she collects them. She has a vast collection of bouncy balls. She has recently started collecting rocks. Mainly from my in-laws landscaping. Well, she was in hog heaven when she found a rock shaped exactly like a bouncy ball. Then disaster struck, she lost her ball-rock (as it is affectionately called). Ball-Rock was missing for about a week, I thought it was a lost cause. Then out of nowhere yesterday she is squealing with delight. She found it herself in the grass by the driveway.

Sunday, Jarrett went golfing. I tackled the girls' room. I rearranged their furniture (I'm paying for that today, I'm sore & tired). I moved Olivia's dresser into the closet. Moved their bunk beds to the opposite wall. I replaced their stand that had books & toys on with the bookshelf from my room. I moved their shelf to the entry way & the stand that was in the entry way to my room. Whew - it was exhausting typing it all too. For the moment, their room continues to be very organized & clean. Nevermind the fact that it is clean because they aren't home, but whatever.
Relaxing yet productive.

Sunday, Jarrett went golfing. I tackled the girls' room. I rearranged their furniture (I'm paying for that today, I'm sore & tired). I moved Olivia's dresser into the closet. Moved their bunk beds to the opposite wall. I replaced their stand that had books & toys on with the bookshelf from my room. I moved their shelf to the entry way & the stand that was in the entry way to my room. Whew - it was exhausting typing it all too. For the moment, their room continues to be very organized & clean. Nevermind the fact that it is clean because they aren't home, but whatever.
Relaxing yet productive.

No comments:
Post a Comment